New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Red colored Malawi's?

Started by zippity, April 13, 2007, 03:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FishBuddy

Quote from: zippity on April 14, 2007, 11:46:21 PM
i sure as heck hope so, we gotta get a hold of him while you are there DD, check out his name and message him. If so I will take 2 nice ones.

Terry, those are really nice red peacocks.   How much does he want for them???  And how big are they?  By looking at the pictures, they looked like albino too with the red eyes :-) 

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

pegasus

Well I got his phone #. Tobolman is an avid breeder and collector as I am, meaning that his breeding is not a business but a passion. If anyone of you his planning a trip up there please call me. Meanwhile, I'll try to reach him today and see what he has for sale.

zippity

Pegasus, that would be really nice of you to give him a call and find out what he has available and for how much and I am sure DD can pick up some for us on his way back home. Like I said I would be down for 2 of them and if he has enough to go around I am sure others would be on this list too. That is why I love the passionate people about the hobby and not the moneymaking seekers of the hobby.

Keep us informed, thanks!!!!!!

People start a list and how many depending on price.

FishBuddy

Zippity, if it is juvies, I probably would take 5 of them :-)  Yeah, you are right that it's difficult to find red Malawi cichlids...

Pegasus, thanks for contacting Tobalman for us...

[li]72 gal bow: various exotic cichlids
    [/li]

sweetness85

i would loooove at least 2 depending on price of course.  maybe if we all get enough he will give us a teeny bit of a discount? :P...lol.  i would want at least 2.  if we can get  price it would be great too!

darkdep

Hi folks, doesn't look like I can do any transport. I'm set to leave town in about 15 mins, gotta try to get back before the weather hits.

pegasus

Tobalman is at an auction and will give me a list later but it seems like we would have to wait for the next batch.
I do have a question for you. Who is the moneymaking seekers of the hobby? The seller or the buyer? As a breeder I think it's the buyer. Look at the extra cost of breeding.... extra tanks, food and electrical bill for 4-8months of growth. 50% the LFS's price is a good start.

sweetness85

i know someone that goes to toronto frquently and i could ask if he could take us back some when there are some available.  i think a list of how many would be great also to get a price on them.  i think a delivery to ottawa can be arranged if there are enough that can be bought from tobalman.  hey i could do it if everyone chipped in a bit for gas...lol