New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Update

Started by Stussi613, May 07, 2009, 07:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stussi613

So a few things have changed since I last posted, thought I would post a quick update.  I added a colony of 12 Demasoni on Sunday, 6 were about a year old and 6 were more juveniles.  I work from home and I decided to work at my dining room table today, giving me chance to sit near the tank all day.  I noticed that I got a few definite characters right away, 3 very strongly coloured demasoni...one of whom is the tank boss and his two evil henchmen.  The other 3 older ones are showing demasoni colors, but seem to be the sub-dominants and spend most of their time avoiding the three bullies.  The 6 juvi's are easy to spot as they have fairly muted coloration at this point.  They are a good 1.25" long.  My Yellow Labs are also doing pretty well.  A few of them are still pretty small, but they have lost most of their shyness and come right to the top of the tank when I lift the lid...they really are the hungry dogs of the tank.

I also added 3 sp. Acei this afternoon, about 2" each, bought from Papdul16.  Adding them is what prompted me to write this post.  As soon as I put them in the tank they started exploring, as all fish would do, but the intersting thing is the behaviour of the other fish.  All of my labs are sporting solid black stripes, all of a sudden.  My muted Demasoni have also coloured up a bit more...and some of the juvi's are "schooling" with the Acei and following them around.  Demasonian told me that the three species could be kept together, but I had no idea how nice the final product would look.  I'll take a picture and upload it later.

And for those of you wondering about bio load...I pulled my chemicals this morning and everything is well within normal ranges.

My god I love this hobby!
I haz reef tanks.