New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

betta albimarginata

Started by missavgp, September 20, 2014, 06:52:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

missavgp

Sorry for the delay. The computer stayed down longer than intended. The first pic is from my oldest spawn at 8 weeks, the second if from a 7 week old spawn. The third pic is a size comparison of the two who are a week apart. And pics 4 and 5 are of a three week old spawn and the size difference between them and the 8 week old. Pic 6 is of a male who released 5 fry yesterday. And the last two pics are of a male how is holding right now and was showing off his throat pouch and then one of the eggs he is holding.
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive

mm

Very nice! They are growing very fast. Thank you for sharing.
For how long do the males carry the eggs?

missavgp

No problem. It actually surprised me how quickly they are growing in comparison to betta splendens. Halfmoon betta fry seem to take forever to grow up and reach the size these ones have. I'm hoping that some of the larger ones will be able to be sexed soon.

Mine have been holding the eggs for 14-16 days. According to the IBC SMP (International Betta Congress Species Management Program) page, they typically hold for 10-15 days though I have talked to people on the IBC SMP facebook page who have had them hold for up to 21 days. I actually got to watch one of my males spitting out his fry this morning (for a total of 5)  :) and at the same time caught another pair in the act.  ;)
Mom of boys. Less drama than girls, but harder to keep alive