New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Finally propagated an aponogeton

Started by Jeff1192, August 11, 2009, 12:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff1192

I have had a couple of different types of aponogetons in my tank for a while now. Ever since I started my CO2 the aponogeton crispus (I'm pretty sure it's a crispus) that I have flowers constantly. I usually brush each flower with a q-tip and let the seeds fall into the tank. I've been doing this for about 6 months now. Well I noticed in my tank the other day that I had a new plant growing quite well in the substrate. Pretty cool little plant.

Jeff
17 Gallon Seapora Crystal:: Cherry shrimp and red crystal shrimp

90 Gallon:: p. acei itunji, p. elongatus chewere, p. Saulosi, cyno zebroides jalo reef

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
                        - George Orwell

charlie

WOW congrats Jeff, keep it documented ( pictures etc.), it can earn you valuable points if you ever apply for the AHAP certification.

apuppet

i tried brushing them with q-tip, but it doesnt work, so i gave up.

instead, i went out to the garden, and caught a bee, and quickly thrown him into the canopy, .. long story short, he is pissed off when he escaped.

good side:, i have now have seeds on the flowers.
planted

fischkopp

COOL! If you see one little plant then there are probably much more in the tank. I took one a tank down and found 10+ plants scattered throughout the tank.

:)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031