New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

greetings

Started by Dave and Diane, September 24, 2006, 03:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave and Diane

Hello people,
We are currently living in Winnipeg , Manitoba and Members of the Aquarium Society of Winnipeg, a excellent group of people lots of information and ideas.
We will be transferring to Ontario very soon.
I am Military, my wife was in early childhood education for over 18 years.

We raise, keep and breed Africans Cichlids,
so far this is the Africans:
Aulonocara stuartgranti (Rubescens)(Ruby Red)
Copadichromis trewavasae
Cynotilapia sp. (Cherwe)
Cynotilapia sp. "Mbamba" (Lion's Cove) (Sand Sanwa)
Iodotropheus sprengerae, Rusty Cichild
Labidochromis sp. "Hongi" (SRT)
Pseudotropheus sp. "Acei" (Ngara), (White Tails)
Pseudotropheus sp. "Flavus"
Pseudotropheus polit,
Metriaclima callainos (Cobalt)
Metriaclima estherae (O) (Red Zebra)

South Americans:
Symphysodon aequifasciatus (Cobalt)
Symphysodon aequifasciatus (Ruby Red)
Symphysodon aequifasciatus (Turquoise)
Mikrogeophagus ramirezi (Ram)

We also have:
Bleeding Heart Tetra
Black Long Skirt Tetra
Pearl Gourami
Yo Yo Loach
Ancistrus sp.   Albino Bristle nose
Ancistrus sp.   Bristle nose
L021, L023      Common pleco

Soon to have:
L182, Ancistrus Punctatus ( Starlight Bristle nose)

We hope to add a few more before we leave.
Just have to find a fish store who will house these until we arrive, if not lots of fish with a car ride.

Pleasure to be here.

Sue

Hi & Welcome. Are you coming to ottawa area? It will be a lot of work to move all those fish!

darkdep

Welcome to the OVAS forum Dave and Diane!  Always glad to meet another African enthusiast.  You've got some nice stuff on that list for sure.  Have you ever dealt with Spencer Jack in winnipeg?  We're in the middle of a group order with him and I recognise some of your fish on his lists.

Whereabouts in Ontario are you coming to?

Dave and Diane

Its looks like it will be the Valley, 99% Renfrew County,
Yes Spencer has great stock, and a excellent person, lots of information when he does guest speaking, and tons of trivia.
Cheers

darkdep

We're actually trying to get him to come speak at an upcoming OVAS meeting this year :)

How many tanks are you maintaining at the moment?  It's going to be quite a challenge to move all that stock!

Dave and Diane

We are at present maintaining 14 Tanks, various sizes including 3 show tanks. Breeder tanks grow out and fry tanks.
The plan is find a fish store ,fly the fish have the store hold them, we pay of course and a holding fee to house them.
We have had a few local stores offer to hold them then fly them to us when we are ready for a small fee.
Time will tell as to what exactly we will be doing.
Plus have to fly out Asa our Chocolate Lab.

darkdep

Well, I'm sure if you can't find a store to house them you might find some folks here at OVAS who would be willing to help you out.  I'd be willing to help coordinate it, as we might have to involve a few people.  This community is tight and I guarantee you we'd be able to pull it off.

Let us know if you have any trouble with the stores, and we can mobilize :)

Dave and Diane

Well ,
What can we say, but "WOW".
If we are unable to locate a store, we will diffentally be in touch and your kindess and understanding will not go unrewarded.
That is  great fear of my wife all the fish have been raised from fry most were in egg form ( living in the thumblers) when we decided to keep , and come to greet her even at odd hours as in non feeding times.
At feeding times they all line up get food from her hands.
Again thanks.

PaleoFishGirl

Welcome to OVAS, Dave and Diane! You've found a wonderful community of people who all share your passion!

Seanc

welcome! this is a great club, good luck with moving all thoughs fish. if you need any help moving them i'm sure someone on this forum will lend a helping hand.

Dave and Diane

Well again thank you all for the warm welcome.
If we can not find a LFS to help with the housing requirements, then yes a call for help will diffentally be sent to one and all.

Oh yes I was looking at a show tank in the living room and noticed a species we forgot to list.

Labeotropheus fuelleborni (Nakantenga)

cheers

adam_ottawa

Welcome to the club Dave and Diane,

While I'm new around here, I'm confident you'll find this club (and forum) to be a great place to learn and meet great people.

I'm also in the military in Ottawa.  Where is your posting?  Good luck settling in - this place is like no other base! ;)

babblefish1960

As previously stated so well, welcome to the neighbourhood, and good luck with the transition from air command to real command, bureaucratically speaking of course. Hopefully once your settled, you can take a trip to a meeting and meet some fish folk.

Nerine

welcome to the area and good luck with moving house!!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts