New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

dwarf lover

Started by zapisto, December 15, 2006, 10:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zapisto

Hello,
Just discover this forum and that great so decide to write something :)

I am zapisto, for (ZapZap apisto), my real name is Patrick, and as you can imagine i love apistogramma species and by extension any dwarf who need Ph lower than 7.
I am french coming the caribean and sometime i have some weird problems with english but i try my best to write well.

i am owner of the biggest french aquarium forum in canada , http://www.aquaquebec.net, and also vice president of La SAM (the french club in montreal), and i am also moderator on apistogramma.com
i am an engineer in computer science, who is with fish , my second passsion.

I have a fishroom and have about 50  tanks now ar home.
i start keeping fish , well , i can't even remenber , some years ago with a 33 galons and made all the mistake a newby can made, and decide to try do thing, more seriously, so i start some research and found the montreal club, join rigth away.
during this search i fall in love with apistogramma.
i maintained and breed about 40 to 50 apistogramma species along with some other dwarf , a really love them.
i am also keeping Killies and i am part of Quebec killie club.
now with all the difficulties to put my hand on apisto i never made, i decided to go and try shrimp, who is also harder to find because shrimp keeping is still fairly new in the hobby in north america.
i am keeping now a dozenor more  of differents species of freshwater shrimp and was able to breed about half of them or more.

i discover ovas fews year ago and decided to attend all their super auction and also participate on their forum.
i usually attend some big events in the sates (NEC, Extravaganza, ACA, etc...)
I think that will be enough on this description :)
thanks

beowulf

Très intéressant!!  J'aime aussi les nains.  Présentement j'ai des A.Inka 50.

babblefish1960

Hello there Patrick, so nice of you to introduce yourself. I would like to add that zapisto and aquinourriplus are one and the same. A great guy that loves his fish, and shrimps, and snails and icky worms and...well you get the idea. An ardent hobbyist with a professional side as well.

Being an engineer hasn't turned him into a total geek, he is still approachable and has a sense of humour.

So the big question here Patrick would have to be, what is the dsiplay tank in the one special spot in your home stocked with? What sort of fish are in it, and what has been your favourite apistogramma.

I am curious about some of your collecting trips, I thought you had actually been somewhere in south america picking up fish? Am I correct, or just loony? But then hey, anyone who leaves the carribean for Montreal winters must be a loony too. :D

zapisto

Quote from: babblefish1960 on December 15, 2006, 03:37:35 PM
So the big question here Patrick would have to be, what is the dsiplay tank in the one special spot in your home stocked with? What sort of fish are in it, and what has been your favourite apistogramma.
Well as of today , i have two tank now yeah :)
the fisrt one is south america planted tank with rummy, cardi, and  guesss..... apsito :)
the second one is a marvelous corner tank , my wife fall in love with youpi :)
this one is planted also, and have tetra, mostly blue tetra wild, and gourami dwarf wild it is a 35g.
Quote from: babblefish1960 on December 15, 2006, 03:37:35 PM
I am curious about some of your collecting trips, I thought you had actually been somewhere in south america picking up fish? Am I correct, or just loony? But then hey, anyone who leaves the carribean for Montreal winters must be a loony too. :D
i made some collecting trip in the caribean , mostly for shrimp,
Micratya poeyi

and one very very rare killies, rivulus marmoratus

who live in crab hole

the two live in my island :) what a nightmare :)

i was in south america for more than 6 month when i was in french army
at this time i was not an aquarist and see lot of thing and eat lot of things too,
sorry if i hurt some people but i have chance to eat discus, piranah, huge brochis , and have the chance to see lot of fish with no interest for me at this moment.
now i regreet so much but i will be back there with other goal, it is a promise.

babblefish1960

Sounds lovely, you should post some pictures of the tanks.

Those look like worthwhile species to be scrabbling around a beach somewhere warm to catch fish for not eating.

You philistine, being in the French Foreign Legion obviously gave you some bad habits, eating discus, pirahna I can understand, but discus, I hope they weren't the really pretty ones. How on earth do you eat into a brochis, it's armoured, must be hard on the teeth. :D

I'm sure we all look forward to your promise of a peaceful fish-finding expedition, I know that pegasus is looking for an excuse to take some fine pictures and oenology carries his luggage ( I think the luggage is mostly wine from France and a camera). ;)