New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hello everyone

Started by scorpion-stinger, January 19, 2007, 01:35:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scorpion-stinger

Just wanted to say hey to everyone on this site! I'm new to aquariums and just got a new 65 gallon tank on the 26th of December. WHOOO HOOO!!!!!  Any how Hello all!!   ;)

Cheers and PEACE to all!!
Marc

[attachment deleted by admin]

babblefish1960

Hello yourself, welcome to the website of the OVAS club. That looks like a nice size tank, is it your first? We are having a meeting of the club this Monday at the Jack Purcell Centre off Elgin. Perhaps you would like to come and meet some folks and enjoy the camaraderie?

scorpion-stinger

Hi, thanks alot, greatly apreciated. Yes thats my 1st tank and originally wanted a 150 gallon or so but my gf suggested to start off smaller and work my way up ;). Just starting up with the tank not even a month now and done tons of reading, which is confusing as hell!  lol. I checked out lots of tanks and makes ya wanna drewl!!  hehehe but will eventually go get some sharks soon but donno whick ones yet. I'd love to get some that looks like the white tip and stays to a medium size (domestic size arround 10" or so). If you or some other members on can suggest tips on getting my tank going for sharks and which sharks would be best.

Cheers and PEACE to all!!

Marc

PaleoFishGirl

Welcome to OVAS, Marc!

Congratulations on the new tank.  You're going to wish you had gone with the 150 soon enough :)

scorpion-stinger

Ahhh.....  thats next years plan, between 130 min - 170 , depends. That will be my 2007 XMAS present i'll make to myself again :) DAM it's expencive!  hehehe but well worth it :o

Cheers
PEACE to all

Marc

Nerine

welcome to the group!
silver tip sharks are awesome if you want to go brackish!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts