New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Not new to Ovas, but not a frequent poster.....

Started by RedFish, March 23, 2007, 08:10:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedFish

Hello to all.   I have been on this forum for a couple of years, but rarely posted until recently.  In the early months I was reading avidly, trying to learn about this fishkeeping hobby.

I started about 3 (4?) years ago with a single male betta in a ten gallon and within a few months had divided the tank so that I could have several bettas, 2 males and one female.   Didn't end up liking the divided tank so each betta got his/her own 5 gallon and I created a planted tank in the 10 gallon.    It was really beautiful, high light and CO2, plants grew like crazy.   But I found it very hard to keep balanced, and one day got fed up and sold it and the contents to several ovas members.

Some time later I was given a 12 gallon with a flourescent light hood.   So back into general fishkeeping I went.
This time with good success, a low light planted tank.  Then I found a very inexpensive 29 gallon and the contents of the 12 went into it.  I upgraded the light, put in a gorgeous piece of driftwood. It now has Harlequin & Hengeli rasboras, one dwarf red gourami, pygmy cories, blue ram pair and a cutie-patootie mini pleco - I am a very happy fish mom.   I am now in the process of setting up a second 29 gallon, (cardinals, a. cac pair, pleco) and that will be it for me.   My tanks - my goal - easy keeping, beautiful to look at.

I am a wife, and a mom (two young teen girls).   My husband and both girls are heavily into Karate and I watch from the sidelines and cheer them on.
I am mom to two dogs, a portuguese water dog and a mini poodle. With them I have done agility, rally-obedience and I assist at a local dog training hall.
We have 2 rats, 4 mice, and one guinea pig we time share with another family.
I think thats everything!

RoxyDog

Hi Redfish. Sounds like you need some snails!  ;)
Where did you find your portuguese water dog?  Locally?
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

RedFish

I may well end up getting some snails, I have to figure out whether it would be more, less, or no trouble having them!

My portie is almost 8 years old, we got her from a Montreal breeder.   If you or someone you know is looking for a portie, there is a very good breeder near Ottawa, Donna Wilson, BriDonPort is the kennel name.    This is the last little girl pup left from her last litter, she likes to torture me by sending me pictures of cute puppies.  Isn't she sweet?