New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

I'm a Newbie!

Started by samantha_84, April 10, 2005, 05:59:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samantha_84

Hey guys,

I'm new on here, I've been to some of the auctions before and browse the site on a regular basis, so I decided to sign up! So here I am....we have a 55 Gallon African Tank...I worked at Petsmart for 5 years and that's where I caught the fish bug!  :P

Anywho, thought I would say Hello!

Samantha

Nelson

Quote from: "samantha_84"Hey guys,

I'm new on here, I've been to some of the auctions before and browse the site on a regular basis, so I decided to sign up! So here I am....we have a 55 Gallon African Tank...I worked at Petsmart for 5 years and that's where I caught the fish bug!  :P

Samantha

Welcome samantha_84....hope we hear a lot from you.

Nelson

Stevie

Hey Samantha, welcome!  You'll find lots of good advice and information here!

Aiglos

Welcome to the site !   Greatest place on the web I have found for the aquarist community.

luvfishies

Hi Samantha! Welcome!

Woody

Hi Samantha

Welcome. Wonderful place with wonderful people. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

Woody

dannypd

Quote from: "samantha_84"Hey guys,

Samantha

I'll assume you're 21?  ;)  nice to see younger ones on the board too!!

Iceman

NjOyRiD

hi :)

so what kind of fish do you have?
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

samantha_84

[/quote]

I'll assume you're 21?  ;)  nice to see younger ones on the board too!![/quote]

Why would you assume I'm 21? And I won't be 21 for another 2 weeks.... :lol:

Anyways....thanks for the welcome!
Cheers,
Samantha

NjOyRiD

ishh...girl with ATTITUDE hehe
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

samantha_84

Quote from: "NjOyRiD"ishh...girl with ATTITUDE hehe

It's not attitude...it's curiosity!! :)  Wondering what gave it away...lol...maybe it's in my profile...HA!

Anywho....

Marc

Quote from: "samantha_84"
Quote from: "NjOyRiD"ishh...girl with ATTITUDE hehe

It's not attitude...it's curiosity!! :)  Wondering what gave it away...lol...maybe it's in my profile...HA!

Anywho....

It's not in your profile, it's in your name:  samantha_84

Welcome to OVAS

samantha_84

[/quote]

It's not in your profile, it's in your name:  samantha_84[/b]

Welcome to OVAS[/quote]

Wow...aren't I smart...LOL didn't even occur to me that someone would do the math... :oops:

thanks

NjOyRiD

hehe welcome to OVAS :)
370g System

ambushman2j

how did you enjoy working at petsmart?  is it indeed true that they have you working several departmens and not just fish? that's what kept me away from applying there myself

samantha_84

Yes it's true, if you work with the fish you also work with the small animals, reptiles and birds. I really enjoyed the people at petsmart, and I learnt sooo much from them. I do not agree with everything Petsmart does (fish wise) but even within the fish world, everybody does things differently...no 'one way'

Anywho I know they are hiring...since i left... :lol:

Cheers
Samantha

yellowtang

Hello Sammy.  And welcome to Ovas.
One question :?: Still work at petsmart?
I think all of us would love to have a bit of discount at
the store. Ya Think!!!!!!!!
WELCOME :wink:
120g REEF Upgrading to a 180g soon
38G REEF

samantha_84

Quote from: "yellowtang"Hello Sammy.  And welcome to Ovas.
One question :?: Still work at petsmart?
I think all of us would love to have a bit of discount at
the store. Ya Think!!!!!!!!
WELCOME :wink:

No...I don't work there anymore....finished school and got myself a big girl job :lol: ....and trust me i know about the discount thing...I miss it...very badly seeing as I have three chinchillas, a hamster, a 55Gallon and a puppy (well he's 5 years old so a dog)

Anyways, thanks for the welcome!
Cheers
Samantha

ambushman2j

well, I have no interest in working in anything but fish..I worked at superpet for 2 years and barely learned anything else other then from fish ..just don't care about that other stuff

and about not agreeing with what they do.. that's all the LFS I would imagion..