New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Introducing my self

Started by UCGrafix, April 22, 2005, 10:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UCGrafix

Hi,

I thought it might be interesting to introduce my self, so here is a blurb about how everything started for me.

My name is Denis,
I have been involved in aquatic life, for quite a while, everything started off, when I visited one of my uncles at a very young age, and he took me to his Barber Shop, in witch there was a big fish tank ( well !!! I was small, and the tank was kind of big to me ), it had some wonderful looking fish, full of magnificent colours, I remember sitting there, in front of the tank for countless hours, not making a sound, enjoying all the movement that was going on in the tank, that was when everything started, I remember saying to my self, that some day, I would have a big fish tank, full of wonderful fish of multiple colours, who new at the time, that this particular thought, would turn into a passion, if not some kind of obsession.
So tank after tank, it evolved, from a simple fish bowl with a red guppy, to the ongoing and never ending new project, I do not know exactly why, but I can not seem to see the end, of my ongoing new projects, the colours of the fish, is what attracts me the most, there movement and characters, each one of them, is different, and I keep adding.
I have been doing this on my own, for countless years, but last week, some one e-mailed me the link to this group, so I browsed around, then came a wonderful thought !!!, why not join, with those who have similar interests.
Groups are nothing new to me, but a local aquarium group, that is something I had not found before, mind you, I was sort of content in doing things on my own until now, but a change was needed, and actions where taken.
So here I am, I purchased a membership, because I want to support the group, and it's effort in keeping up the good work.

Thank you very much for the wonderful texts you have posted, reading this blurb, and getting to know a little about me.

Do not be shy, e-mail me at any time, and share your thoughts.

Regards,
Denis

PS : Present little project, a new 86 gal. tank, model A-3040 Hagen, that should be in full operation by june 2005, If I can decide, on the model of base to build.

Nelson

Welcome to the group UCGrafix, you'll find this to be an outstanding resource for everything concerning the hobby.  Many years of accumulated experience with virtually all species of hobby fish and equipment.

Aiglos

A hobby isnt really much of a hobby unless you have someone to share it with.  Thats my philosophy.  

welcome to the group,  how old are you ? what do you do with your off time?  Alot of diversity here. Welcome !

UCGrafix

Quote from: "Aiglos"A hobby isnt really much of a hobby unless you have someone to share it with.  Thats my philosophy.
welcome to the group,  how old are you ? what do you do with your off time?  Alot of diversity here. Welcome !
Hi Aiglos,

I will be 47 years old, in December 2005.
As for my off time, depends on the mood of the moment I would say, it is very diversified, from enjoying imported beer and great wines, Patios and BBQ's in the summer, movies, theater, music, enjoying the company of some friends, sharing a good conversation on about any subject, History, Culture, Romance, Nature and everything that lives, my art is aslways predominant and in my mind, photography, writing, poetry, Philosophy, taking care of my pass time and Exotic Pets, and so much more...

Regards,
Denis

Evan

Welcome,  Make sure to show off your photo skills in the gallery.

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO