New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

i'm new

Started by betta_girl, May 21, 2005, 09:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

betta_girl

hey everyone. i just wanted to say that i'm new and i look forward to the many auction that i will attend in the future. and of course my first fish that i'm getting.

Jackdempsey

what type of fish are you thinking of?

betta_girl

a female betta & a male betta.

Jackdempsey

Mettle

Welcome to the site!

Before getting the bettas, if you haven't already, I would recommend looking around the internet to get some good information about how to cycle a tank and so on. The myth that bettas like their small containers they're displayed in at pet stores is exactly that - a myth. So look into something bigger. :)

There are some great articles on the main page of the site that are definitely worth reading!

And as a last bit of advice - and as I'm sure countless others will tell you, if you don't already know - keeping the male and female together all the time is not a very good idea. Male bettas can be very mean and he may just beat the poor girl to death. They should only be placed together when breeding - but that's a whole other story!

Anyway... Again, welcome to the site!

gvv

Quote from: "betta_girl"a female betta & a male betta.
You know that you cannot put them together in one tank for a prolonged period of time  :)
And, welcome to the club!

dandaman

welcome to ovas!
80- 5 Tropheus Brichardi Malagarasi
55- Planted Communnity
35- Discus/Angel Community
10- Breeding tank

NjOyRiD

Welcome to Ovas girl :))) how ya doin? ;)
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

pnmdsz6

Quote from: "Jackdempsey"thats not fun

thats what i'm  thinking too (even though i bred betta for my 1st fish). but i have to say that when they do spawn there is an awsome feeling of success (a better feeling than when yor live bearers breed lol).
anyway welcome betta_girl.

pnmdsz6

Jackdempsey

i have like 70 cichlids here and there the most amaing fish ive ever seen , just my opinion

ceilidh

welcome to the best site on the net!!!!!!!

james

Hi There
Welcome to the club. Another girl. :lol:  Pretty soon us guys will be out numbered! (just kidding) Once again welcome. And feel free to ask questions? No question is to dumb here, I have been the hobby for almost 20 years and still learn something new , so don't be shy.

James 8)
55-g  Kribs. Busyi nose pleco, abino
25 gal yellow lab , Brichardi,
55-g white top Afra, Synodontus Alberti,
33- gal PS Demansoni
30-g Dim..Compressiceps , 55 gal  red swords, 
.30-g  P.S Flavus

Jackdempsey

is the world flat or round lol j/k

dannypd

Quote from: "james"Hi There
Welcome to the club. Another girl. :lol:  Pretty soon us guys will be out numbered!

That's OKAY by me!! :D

Iceman

Hello. Great place to be.

stavieboy

welcome to ovas. and good luck keeping fish :)