New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Introduction

Started by sarahbella, September 11, 2005, 08:35:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigDaddy

Well sara... the first auction of the season is usually one of the bigger ones other than our Giant Spring Auction... I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

darkdep

Sarah, if I may...you may want to consider something larger than a 10gal if feasible.  Even a 20gal gives you SO many more options and the ability to keep a more stable tank.

sarahbella

Hi darkdep :)

I agree with you 100%, a larger tank is ideal, however its my daughter that wants  one and she really can only afford something cheap.  the 10 gl one from zellers comes with all the extras shes gonna need for now like the lights, the filter, gravel, heater etc.

Im keeping my eyes open in the classifieds for her as well...   :) Id definitely let her have a bigger tank if she wants to save her allowance for a while longer, but shes almost a teenager and wants one yesterday lol..

darkdep

Understood.  Keep in mind that one can usually pick up a 20+gal tank with everything in the classifieds for cheaper than a 10gal kit in stores.

There are some great folks on here who tend to post great deals that they see in other classified listings too, so hopefully you can find a deal for your daughter.

NjOyRiD

I'm NjOyRiD, the frenchman and I have MTS as well :(

HI SARAH :D lol
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

CdnRednek

Hi Sarah,
Welcome to the wonderful world of fishies. :D
Just be careful cause MTS is very,very easy to catch....lol
We got into this for our kids and very rapidly began showing the symptoms of MTS.  The only thing that's keeping us under control is that we're running out of room to put tanks........lol. Hmmmm, although, if I find a new spot for the two betta tanks, I could fit a 10G on the stand that holds the 33G.  *sigh* just when I think I have it under control.....lol
Anyways, have fun, it's definitely something the whole family can enjoy.  Even my 7 month old loves the fish!

sarahbella

Im already planning for the tank in our home theatre lol.  I plan to set up a tank in the laundry room (which shares a wall with our home theatre room) and cut a hole in the wall and frame it on the theatre side  lol

I use to have a small case of mts when i was younger, my bf and I had 5 or 6 tanks going at all times. We had frogs, turtles, crayfish, pirahna, convicts, a nice community tank..  everything from 2g to 50g, but that was a lifetime ago  and my current husband has no interest in keeping fish.  Maybe i should get him a little 2gal tank for his desk and start him off small ;)

Sue

Quote from: "BigDaddy"

Who does have the most tanks in a single location in the club?  David?  Michel?

we might if you count all the tanks in our car port right now!  :roll:

ambushman2j

If anyone needs advice on how to beat MTS me and art have overcome that condition

Jim

ambushman2j

well working at a LFS for 2 years is a good start, the thought of tank maintenance makes you quesy, then you soon find all your tanks water levels are constantly dropping below 70% and it sounds like niagra falls in your house and you simply have no desire to even look at your fish anymore, it is at this point you realize you must sell 1-35+ of your tanks

darkdep

...And you still log on to an aquaria web site...and actually post... :?:

artw

I do. and I had 38 tanks...  but I made a comittment to the club. I am only in down time.  eventually I will breed again and it will be bigger and better than ever.

but drew's right. I haven't had MTS since April :D

ambushman2j

Actually I haven't been posting here in awhile, but I do still have 1 tank also no money makes it difficult to be in the hobby, but now I have a little extra money and am looking to restock my 50 gallon, th only tank I have left.