New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Soo im NOT the only one...

Started by goldfish4ever, October 05, 2005, 12:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldfish4ever

in the area that is FishCrazy???  :shock: Hehehe -  I litterally STUMBELED onto this place today while looking for some online fish stores.  :P Im excited! I thought we were a rare bunch out here. guess not!!

darkdep

Welcome!  And no, you're not the only one...you're among friends here :)

goldfish4ever

BigDaddy

Come to a monthly meeting and see some of the 100+ members of the club!

MTS isn't a sickness... its a new way of socializing. :lol:

darkdep

Hehe I remember when MTS meant "Malaysian Trumpet Snail"...now it seems everyone uses it to describe our collective sickness :lol:

damarech

I think I have MTS , also. Just pickup 50 gal  tank and built my own stand. so I have been a busy boy with a new toy.

goldfish4ever

LoL - my entire bedroom is filled with different sized tanks. Two of them are awaiting my husband to finish building me a stand...... waiting.... waiting.... lol - he CERTAINLY DOES NOT have MTS!!!! :P I really have a hard time feeling comfortable displaying them throughout my home as I run a daycare (anyone in Pembroke needing a daycare for their children let me know - I have a couple of openings coming up real soon ;) ), as well as my ow two little ones,  and I have had bad visions lol. At least in my bedroom I can control viewings. ;)

BigDaddy

Maybe our OVAS meetings should start this way:

"Hello.. my name is Sean and I have MTS."

Just look at my signature.   :lol:

goldfish4ever

Where abouts do these meetings take place?? I would only be able to come if they were close to Pembroke. :(

Hi - my name is Shawna - and I'm a fishaholic.  :mrgreen: They say admiting it is the first step to recovery - in this case.... I hope not...ever. Hehehe.

I Also suffer from a severe case of TNBE (TankNeverBigEnough) If anyone would like to see my suffering come to an end - please send me any 40+ tanks. :mrgreen:

BigDaddy

OVAS meetings are held the fourth Monday of the month at the Jack Purcell community center in downtown Ottawa.

NjOyRiD

dont forget big daddy, I'm following you next time :D
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Meniscus

Hola. I just stumbled onto this place myself a little while ago. I was talking about fish with a new co-worker and he told me about this place. It's very cool to see other Ottawa people that are so into fish keeping.

Julie

luvfishies

WEll hi there you guys!

Welcome aboard, and yes, I have a terminal case of MTS and TNBE (I like that one! LOL)

Click the link in my signature to see just how bad the MTS is...

CdnRednek

Welcome aboard.  Nice to have another person from the area.  If you want a really good selection and great service and info, use Critters Aquarium in Petawawa.  Jen's Pet Palace is pretty good too.  BTW, My name is James, and I have MTS TOO!

repeej

I feel a slight case of MTS coming on too.

Just go my first tank about a month ago and I'm pickin up my second one (55g) tonight.

Still cheaper than my other hobbies...

goldfish4ever

Hehehe Be careful REPEEJ lol - you will in time (im sure of it) also develop a case of  TNBE (TankNeverBigEnough). ;)

CdnRednek

Quote from: "repeej"I feel a slight case of MTS coming on too.

Just go my first tank about a month ago and I'm pickin up my second one (55g) tonight.

Still cheaper than my other hobbies.

LOL.....wait for it........I thought it was a cheap hobby too.  We've been at this for about 6 months and I really hate to think how much money we've spent.  Oh well......nothing but the best for our little fishy friends!   :D ohhhhh we did just recently put out big bucks for a Python and that was probably the best money we've spent as far as equipment goes.  Makes cleaning the tanks so much easier and faster.
Oh and BTW, my name's Laurie (Jame's better half...lol) and I too have MTS.   :wink:

repeej

well i know it's not cheap but it's certainly cheaper than building and mainting this thing: