New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

MTS Anonymous?

Started by jgolden, November 08, 2005, 09:30:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Julie

The reason for just turning the heat up.
I tried to figure that out one afternoon, it went from malaysian trumpet snail to multiple tank ** and then finally.

Julie

BigDaddy

Quote from: "artw"for your information the MTS - AA meetings occur every 4th Monday at 320 Elgin Street - Jack Purcell Centre

Only problem being.. these meetings ENCOURAGE MTS.

How many times have we heard "Oh my [insert significant other title here] is gonna kill me"

:lol:

BigDaddy

Quote from: "dpatte"MTS? Whats MTS?

Haha... you should talk Mr. 18 tanks and counting.....

LOL

mseguin

I survived it last time. Actually by the day after I was very much into the good books. :-)

dpatte

Big Daddy has this on the end of his message:
33G C. Nigrofasciatus
33G S. aequifasciata sp.
33G Empty
15G M. altispinosa, N. beckfordi
15G M. ramirezi
10G A. borelli, H. erythrozonus
10G M. ramirezi, R. dorsiocellata
------

hold on a sec. Didnt you only have 5 tanks last time i looked? ;)

dpatte

actually on ebay they had an interesting tank for sale 12ft x 3 ft x 3 ft. = 500 gallons

I was thinking about it but couldnt decide what part of my foundation I would have to take out to get the tank in.

jgolden

Quote from: "dpatte"actually on ebay they had an interesting tank for sale 12ft x 3 ft x 3 ft. = 500 gallons

Drooooool

:?: But where the heck would I put such a beast :?:

:!: We could all get it as a display tank for OVAS :!:
:?: But where the heck would the membership put such a beast :wink: :?:

mseguin

Jody's House!!!!!! He's the president after all  :lol:

NjOyRiD

i have mts! but now i have no more room!!!!!!!! I think I,ll go rent a garage to put them all LOL
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

AdamR

No need to rent, you can set them up in my house.  :D

Jim

Quote from: "AdamR"No need to rent, you can set them up in my house.  :D

LOL

NjOyRiD

Quote from: "AdamR"No need to rent, you can set them up in my house.  :D

if you were living in hull i would say yes :)
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

sylvain

My wife bought me a 150 gallons tank for xmas 2004, i told her that this was going to be the only tank I would get..........in july 2004 I bought another 150 gallons, the last one I said...........November 2004, I won at the Montreal aquarium society auction a complete 37 gallons set up, that was definately the last one, in january 2005 I bought a 90 gallons tank, for the fry so I told her.........and in march 2005 another 90 gallons, because the first 90 gallons felt lonely :lol: , I don't understand my wife, she doesn't believe me anymore........I love her, she is great.
Sylvain 
220-
150-
120-

NjOyRiD

haha i like that story! nice!
370g System

jgolden

Quote from: "sylvain"My wife bought me a 150 gallons tank for xmas

Hmmm.... How to get my wife to buy me a 150G....

sylvain

it takes a lot of begging and convaincing, after the first one I think she just gave up :lol:
Sylvain 
220-
150-
120-

Julie

Smart lady, I tend to apply this policy to my husband.

Julie

Evan

I find something that helps is letting them know you have worse problems.

Instead of being in the basement with the fish, I could be down there drinking alone... See much worse.

Or I could spend the mopney on aftermarket parts for my bike :twisted:

Julie

Well I figure if they can put up with me, then I'll put up with them.
:wink:

Julie

mseguin

So yuo have two vices eh? :-) So yuo have to come up with TWO worse ones. I.e. drinking AND being a liberal MP. oops.. did I say that out loud. Sorry