New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

new in town

Started by summ3r, January 19, 2006, 03:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

summ3r

Thought I'd say hi here first. glad to have found a forum that is local.  Well, more local than the U.K. based forum that I usually frequent anyway!  

I'm in Scarborough and I've got a teeny, tiny 12g Eclipse that's planted with ambulia, tropica crypt and anubias (which is growing like mad, btw) and in it I've got male guppies, endlers, neons and Amano shrimp.  

I've also had some beautiful bettas from Tim Arndt, 3 boys that shared a divided 5g and 3 girls in their own 6g Eclipse.  Sadly, we got hit by a vicious strain of columnaris and even though I put everybody in separate tanks, spent months doing daily water changes for each and tried everything I could lay my hands on - tetracycline, maracyn, maracyn-two, neoplex, kanaplex and fungus clear - they still succumbed.  I'm still not over it.

Anyhoo, I'm looking forward to the spring, we've got house renovations coming up and a new 42g is in plan!

Aiglos

Hey Summer !  

You cannot go wrong with those 12g eclipses'  I think they are great little systems.   I'm glad your plants are growing well. .  I have Najas grass in a 3g eclipse with a Betta (funny enough also from Tim's Alpha Bettas) and it does not grow too bad.

Where did you get your endlers ?  are your guppies and endlers all males ?  

welcome to the board.

Nelson

A hearty welcome summ3r.  Would be nice if you were even more local and could take in our monthly meetings.  Looking forward to "talking" with you.

Nelson

luvfishies

Hi there summ3r and welcome aboard! I'm about halfway between you and OVAS/Ottawa, and I've gotta say, OVAS is great!

If you're looking for a forum that's even more local to you, check out

www.pnaquaria.ca

Yes, it's a priceDeals site, but with a large and active GTA membership who have their own little "fishie" world there.

But please, don't desert us here!

summ3r

The guppies are all males, as for the endlers - I'm not sure.  I know about not inter-breeding guppies & endlers though and the one rule in this house for all animals - cats, birds, guinea pigs, gerbils and fish - is: NO BABIES!
LOL!

oh, p.s., thanks for the link! I'll definately check it out!
:D

Underwater

what is the UK based site? Im also on a UK fish forum.

summ3r