New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Fabulous Site!!

Started by torch89, June 01, 2006, 04:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

torch89

Must commend the club for this great site!!  Was in Ottawa from the north last week and discovered how useful a tool it can be.  Not only has it and the members of the Ottawa Valley Aquarium Society aided in getting me some things I needed for my aquarium, but also it is bursting with helpful, friendly people who have given advise when I have asked questions.  As a newcomer to the aquarium hobby it is a site everyone should be checking out.

dannypd

how north is north?

I'm from northern ontario, Timmins-James Bay area...that's....north!  We buy pet minnoes for our goldfish bowls....

charlie

Way to go OVAS, pat yourself on the back guy`s & Gal`s. Dannypd i think torch89 is from Timmins.
Regards

torch89

Yes, Torch89 is from Timmins.  If anyone is from here as well, and into this type of thing, email me at   Would be nice to hear from others in the hobby.

dannypd

Hey torch from timmins! lol

That's where I grew up ;)  Not a lot of choices but Jackie's and Walmart...

Either way, you're not the same torch as found on POF?  just did a google cache search and found an old...profile. .hehe

torch89

While I am living in Timmins, not actually from here originally.  What is POF??

Live2Ride

welcome Northern Boys
i'm from Cochrane :)
did Wado-Kai in Cochrane from the Lebrun's in Timmins :)

torch89

Wow, catching fish in minow buckets if your from Cochrane I guess?!  Are you still there?  My boyfriend tells me I should just fill my tanks with those things.  Says they survive just fine in the fridge with no food for a long time. 

Live2Ride

nope now in Aylmer.
but yes i remember Cochrane left in 1992 i was 16 yrs old.
and lotsa fishing :)
i should just go get some htere to fill my 135G
and catch them fresh when i'm hungry
ahahah
Al