New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Hello i'm new here!!!

Started by PiNkY, January 22, 2005, 04:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PiNkY

Hey i'm new here my boyfriend have an account here and he wanted me to do one for me too!!! So... i'm really not a pro but i would like to learn!!! I have 4 turtles and 1 fahakah puffer!!! If u want to help me write me a little word!!! thx guys!!!

blueturq

luvfishies

Hey there PiNkY. I bet your boyfriend is NjOyRiD, right? Not many people here keep Fahakas ;)

I'm a puffer freak too, love their interactive personalities!

Eirikre

PiNkY

thx guys!!! i though i had deleted my account lol!!!

dannypd

Quote from: "luvfishies"Hey there PiNkY. I bet your boyfriend is NjOyRiD, right? Not many people here keep Fahakas ;)

I'm a puffer freak too, love their interactive personalities!

Puffer are the best :P

I had a fahaka before, lived to 6-7 years, then we had a major power outage up north, and after 9 hours of no electricity, he just sat at the bottom and never swam around again :(...the temp of the water dropped to 12 celcius....  :x   I tried so much to keep him going, he was so big.  We had hydrogene peroxide going and some manual splashing of the water...I think it was the cold that killed him...   There was no way to keep the 80 (84?) gallon tank warm, no way at all...  After we got power, we lost most of the bacteria (very foul smelling water for several weeks).  I think that's when we gave up on it..

Now I'm in ottawa, I've got myself a baby (2inches, lol) GSP and a few chiclids in a small (hehe) 60 gallon  (flat, 5 feet wide) aquarium.

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Jim

Hey welcome. Im new too.But this is the best place to be.

luvfishies

Quote from: "dannypd"

Puffer are the best :P

I had a fahaka before, lived to 6-7 years, then we had a major power outage up north, and after 9 hours of no electricity, he just sat at the bottom and never swam around again :(...the temp of the water dropped to 12 celcius....  :x   I tried so much to keep him going, he was so big.  We had hydrogene peroxide going and some manual splashing of the water...I think it was the cold that killed him...   There was no way to keep the 80 (84?) gallon tank warm, no way at all...  After we got power, we lost most of the bacteria (very foul smelling water for several weeks).  I think that's when we gave up on it..

Now I'm in ottawa, I've got myself a baby (2inches, lol) GSP and a few chiclids in a small (hehe) 60 gallon  (flat, 5 feet wide) aquarium.

Man, that sucks about your Fahaka :(

I've got 3 GSP in separate tanks and at varying salinities, dwarf puffers in Freshwater, and a Porcupine Puffer (SW) who is so personable!

I'm really wanting some Fig8 puffs and of course, some South American Puffers!

patman

HI there, One newby to another!!!

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

FishPassion

Hi and welcome to a great site........................
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube