New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Planaria! Help my shramps!

Started by WavePusher, May 12, 2021, 12:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WavePusher

Hi friends!

I got some cherry shrimp a few months ago, but I noticed there were some small worms shortly thereafter that came with them from the seller, and now they are full grown planaria. I see some betel nut extract based chemical on amazon that can kill the planaria but is ok for the shrimp, however it ships from the USA and wouldn't arrive for a few weeks. I thought all my shrimp were dead, but I found one adult and one baby today, so it's not too late (yet). Is there somewhere to buy planaria killer that is safe for shrimp in Ottawa?

Cheers,
-Joel

lucius

Shrimp Fever has No Planaria listed on their website.  It might be the quickest option but not the cheapest.

matttimms49

Critter jungle used to stock no planaria also. could try giving them phone to see if  they have it?

exv152

I've tried this free DIY trap, and it's worked very well for me. No chemicals, treatments etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOED__TbWis&ab_channel=AussieAquaticAussieAquatic
Eric...
125g, 32g, 7g

WavePusher

Thanks guys! I got planaria zero and it arrived super early so I've done the treatment and I am seeing less and less every day :)