New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

pop eye on discus fish what medication to use?

Started by nemo14, September 05, 2018, 07:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nemo14

Hello everyone

One of my discus fish has pop eye on one eye the other one is fine  it's all swollen and has a bit of white on the side of the eye was thinking of using api malafix   temp is 84. P.H 6.5, D K.H 4 , G.H 4, ammonia 0, nitrite 0 , nitrates 5 ppm  doing 25% w/c everyday but  this long weekend was gone for 3 day and was not able to do the w/c i think he got some kind of bactericidal infection in the eye. any help would be great thank in advance.

P.S this is the first time keeping discus boy you need to stay on top of thing with discus. 

nemo14

Ok my discus fish is all healed up i used API melafix professional strength for seven days and now he swimming around the aquarium and eating well again. I thought he was dead in the aquarium haven't seen him in a while and one day he came out of the plants and looked great. :) This medication works well fin rot and cloudy eye it also worked well for the pop eye i recommend this natural medication to any fish keeper.

matttimms49

Hey! So happy that the medication worked, thanks for letting the forum know and sorry no one got back to you at your first question. Looks like you managed it very well though. Happy for your discus :)

nemo14

I'm happy he made it to.  At the price of a 5 inch discus it cost me 90 dollars each. Lesson learned when i go out of town next time i will get my son to do a 25% w/c everyday until i get back home. Lucky it was only the one and not all 6 of them.

matttimms49

That is good. Hopefully there isn't any problems next time. :)