New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

tank build......(update got lights)

Started by chunkofocean125, December 18, 2010, 05:44:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

salvini55

purple is da bomb dont hate! lol thats a nice system you got goins ons

chunkofocean125

thanks for the compliments everybody....im a big diy type of guy. i try to make everything i can to save money and for that satisfaction of knowing i did what others like...

my next project is going to be a protein skimmer. ive got an ideal of what to use (chrismas shooping helped alot seing how u look at everything in the stores) i think ive come up with a mixture of different items that once put together( like this plastic vase i saw at walmart) for the cone shape etc.....

ill keep you's posted on this build.....

Darth

wish I was a diy I would love to build a stand for my 56gal that could house a sump, the stock stand sucks there is no room for a sump, maybe a 5 gal LOL , but I stink (self edited for worry of using offensive words ) with my hands. It would take me like a week to build something from Ikea LOL

JetJumper

Quote from: Darth on December 20, 2010, 06:06:11 PM
It would take me like a week to build something from Ikea LOL

Oh my.. :|  Time for Canada's Worst Handy man for training :P
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Hookup

Quote from: Darth on December 20, 2010, 06:06:11 PM
wish I was a diy I would love to build a stand for my 56gal that could a sump, the stock stand sucks, but I suck with my hands. It would take me like a week to build something from Ikea LOL

Ok, now with "Manly purple" and "I suck with my hands" I vote this as thread of the year... well done...

ROTFLMAO

Darth

Quote from: JetJumper on December 20, 2010, 06:48:35 PM
Oh my.. :|  Time for Canada's Worst Handy man for training :P

yes I would win hands down LOL

JetJumper

Quote from: Hookup on December 20, 2010, 06:48:48 PM

Ok, now with "Manly purple" and "I suck with my hands" I vote this as thread of the year... well done...

ROTFLMAO

hahhaa.. Do I have to report a post like this? :P  I think it might be over PG-13 rating.. :O

Hookup

Don't report me :)

I just call'em like I see'em.  Haha

Darth

too late ( I edited my post to make me look innocent) sorry for reporting you guys, but I did what I had to do

JetJumper

Quote from: Darth on December 20, 2010, 07:27:24 PM
too late ( I edited my post to make me look innocent) sorry for reporting you guys, but I did what I had to do

haha, I was just teasing :P

Darth

we are gonna get reported for hijacking this thread LOL

chunkofocean125

all a guy is trying to do is share his project with others......
and what i end up with is having to explain my manly purple and get caught up with this suck hand thing.....lol
Then to top it all off my build thread gets highjacked.......

But all is forgiven is i get thread of the year with only 10 posts......lmao

White Lightning

Good on ya for finding the manly purple!

Nice start! Now you should find a purple background for the tank. Or just switch up the lights and cover the black glass with purple coraline algae.  :D

Timm3h

What are you costs to date if you dont mind me asking?

I am looking to do a similar setup

chunkofocean125

well im going fish shopping this weekend finally   :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

all readings are good. cycled for 2 months, crabs doing good so its time.

im planning on buying a pair of baby clowns (dont know where to get them yet) but should i buy some cleaner shimp at the same time...

chunkofocean125

well i bought two clowns and a cleaner shrimp last night. The sad part is that i had to get the damsel out because he was attacking the clowns. And to do that i had to take all me scape apart to catch him >:( >:(
Now he's in the sump for now and im stuck rebuilding my entire scape tonight...

Bob P

The good news i you got the devil fish out.

JetJumper

Quote from: chunkofocean125 on February 12, 2011, 02:29:17 PM
well i bought two clowns and a cleaner shrimp last night. The sad part is that i had to get the damsel out because he was attacking the clowns. And to do that i had to take all me scape apart to catch him >:( >:(
Now he's in the sump for now and im stuck rebuilding my entire scape tonight...

I feel for you. I had to do the same thing when I setup my first tank.  Still have the damsel though.  He eats the scraps in the fuge. :)

chunkofocean125

well i must say adding those two other ph did a big difference in the tank. total of 4 korila 4's
I also redid all my scape so all is good for now. couldnt get it the same as before for the life of me.
will take pics later tonight of the new scape and fish :) :)

chunkofocean125

YAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY we got lights........We bought 2-36" tek 6bulb t5 fixtures for our 125g.
The fine folks at RAYS even let us go home with every bulb under the sun to find our perfect setup.Thanks again Ray.
After 2hours of changing bulbs we finnaly agreed on our lighting choice.(for now)lol lol
So they go like this...........from front to back.........

UV super actinic
ATI blue plus
ATI blue special
UV 454
Giesemann power crome actinic+
ATI blue plus

The first and last bulbs are our dusk and dawn setting. Ill be taking picks and posting soon.