New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

My simple 20g build

Started by Cheebs, July 25, 2011, 09:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheebs

Quote from: leemay on April 01, 2012, 05:03:17 PM
can't wait to see it!
how is the yumas doing? drop any babies?
let me know if they get out of control I'll buy some, ha ha.

thanks

You know what, they are doing alright, and I've moved a few to the 40 gallon, but I have learned a few things about Yumas since starting this tank. First, amongst the several different types of ricordeas and yumas, it seems like they like hugely different conditions depending on what kind they are. Some of them like a little more flow and a lot more light, and others preffer almost no light at all. I've lost a few nice ones trying to place them in areas where they didn't thrive, while some have done very well. One common trait that all of them seem to share is that they grow very slowly, hence my decision to add a bunch of other corals.

Cheebs

Alright, I've put together some shots of some corals in the tank. So far growth has be great! These pics are taken mostly under actinitc and/or blue LED lights :) There's a lot in there now, including a troop of sexy shrimp that hang out in everything, so I'll have to get a good FTS soon!

az

AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

Hookup

that's crazy... awesome photography and a pretty fantastic subject...

Cheebs

Thanks guys, I owe big thanks to Ray and Az for the great subject matter :)

I'm trying to get some good full tank shots. I may have to turn off the reefbrites, since they are basically saturation machines and make everything glow like crazy and almost look artifical when in a full tank shot setting hehe. Maybe I'm just being too picky. Anyways, I'll have one up soon!

leemay

bump!

any recent pics?

how are the yumas doing?
;)

Cheebs

I can take some pics this week and post them! This tank has gone in a very different direction, with less yumas and more different corals. I've moved some of the yumas to my 40 gallon, and sold a few of them. Part of this is that I just like changing it up every once and awhile!