New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Check out this tank Amazing

Started by bandit, May 29, 2012, 11:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bandit

JetJumper

I love this tank.. I have ever since it came out. Always wanted to do one.. but haven't had the time / space to do it and appreciate it at the same time.  too many other things on the go :(
.: JetJumper's Zone :.

Nyx

It's really cool looking but the fish don't seem to have enough room to swim, especially the tangs. I'd really love it if the fish were smaller varieties.
9G planted Edge w/ pure strain Endler's livebearers

bandit

yeah it would be better if it was 18" deep, and lots of smaller fish.  although they cant swim up and down but the can swim in circles

washefuzzy

Hookup

this tank is very innovative... i really like it.  it is so very different and creative...  I wonder how the salt-creep is on the island...  that would be my only concern/question, but I think a creative use of an auto-top-up system could be used to combat that easily enough.

bandit

Quote from: Hookup on May 30, 2012, 09:03:48 AM
this tank is very innovative... i really like it.  it is so very different and creative...  I wonder how the salt-creep is on the island...  that would be my only concern/question, but I think a creative use of an auto-top-up system could be used to combat that easily enough.

I was just wondering the same thing, it great kind of like being at the ocean checking out all the tide pools. I would love to make one like this that raises and lowers like the tide.

Hookup

Quote from: bandit on May 30, 2012, 09:35:14 AM
I was just wondering the same thing, it great kind of like being at the ocean checking out all the tide pools. I would love to make one like this that raises and lowers like the tide.

cool idea... i did see someones tank who did this kind of a "tide" effect and had the water level raise and lower very noticeably... i believe a foot or so... was a huge tank.

adding a rain'fall effect for the auto-top-off and a low-tide/high-tide effect ... wwwwoooohhhhh.... i love it...

DrReefer

Nice tank but how can you have LR out of the water ??? would that not make it DEAD and start a cycle ??

Hookup

i think you may miss understand live rock...

the rock is dead... in all cases...  the parts of the rock in the water have bacteria, flora and fauna on it that process your nitrogen cycle....  the parts out would die off however that would not likely affect your system because it's like your pet hamster dying... its' outside your tank and has no impact/link.

sorry for your hamster btw. 

bt

Quote from: Hookup on May 30, 2012, 11:24:08 AM
cool idea... i did see someones tank who did this kind of a "tide" effect and had the water level raise and lower very noticeably... i believe a foot or so... was a huge tank.

adding a rain'fall effect for the auto-top-off and a low-tide/high-tide effect ... wwwwoooohhhhh.... i love it...

Something else to add to my "if I win the lottery" wishlist....

DrReefer

Quote from: Hookup on May 30, 2012, 04:04:27 PM
i think you may miss understand live rock...

the rock is dead... in all cases...  the parts of the rock in the water have bacteria, flora and fauna on it that process your nitrogen cycle....  the parts out would die off however that would not likely affect your system because it's like your pet hamster dying... its' outside your tank and has no impact/link.

sorry for your hamster btw. 

Thank you for clarifying that point :P