New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

"Ask the Experts" Chat Event: Planted Tanks

Started by darkdep, October 31, 2006, 10:16:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkdep

Are you looking to start a planted tank? Already have one but want to make it better? Just want to find out more? Join us in the OVAS Chat Room on Wednesday night at 8pm to talk to our panel of Planted Tank experts!  Toss, BigDaddy and Jetstream will be on hand to answer all of your most pressing questions!

Chat Event Rules:

• The room will be moderated and the chat event controlled by the moderator.
  • Often there are 20 or more people in an online chat, and when everyone has a comment or question, it could become hard to follow conversations. If you have a question or comment, type an exclamation point (!) and send it to the room (like raising your hand in class). The moderator will call on people in turn. "GA" means "Go Ahead" ...so, when it's your turn to "speak", the moderator will type "GA yourname".
  • When you're done speaking, type GA to let the moderator knows you're done and that we can continue with the chat.
  • To ask a question, simply type it in the box at the bottom of the screen and press 'Send.'
  • If you'd like to have a non-related conversation with another member in the room, click their name and choose 'Private Message.'  Please limit all conversations in the main window to Planted Tank material.
  • To ensure that we have another Chat Event in the future, please use respect when participating in the Planted Tank 'Ask The Experts' Chat.

PaleoFishGirl

Hope to see you all there tonight at 8pm! Just log in to FlashChat :)

zapisto

well
is it flash chat or Chat ?
flash chat is really really bad :( (my opinion)
chat can join with ovas website , MIRC, Trillian, etc...
flash chat not.....

please answer.

BigDaddy

Zap

We are using flash chat because unfortunately we can't control who logs on/off the room in IRC.  The IRC chat room is going to be disabled shortly, and isn't really being used anymore...

zapisto

Quote from: BigDaddy on November 01, 2006, 10:32:33 AM
Zap

We are using flash chat because unfortunately we can't control who logs on/off the room in IRC.  The IRC chat room is going to be disabled shortly, and isn't really being used anymore...
:( too bad.

bitterman

Quote from: zapisto on November 01, 2006, 11:41:19 AM
:( too bad.

Other then the lage, the flahs caht loks much nicer then the old irc chat, If you have problems running it on linux let me know an I can most likely help you (gs11fonts for debian distros and flash 7 or higher is required on Linux, Flash 9 Beta also works).

It is nice to control access to the chat, some wierd stuff was happening. Ask Art about his he/she friend from BC. And the new chat even has emotions ;) :D

Bruce

sas

Looking forward to participating but being VERY ??? computor challenged as my kids would say will probably be hovering in the wings :-[ will that be possible. Cheers

PaleoFishGirl

No problem - if you don't want to participate, just come in and hang out.  I'm sure you'll still learn a lot!

artw

If anyone is unable to go, and still wants to see what was discussed, we can post a transcript of the chat tomorrow.

PaleoFishGirl

The chat log is available here for all those interested.
Thank you all for attending!

[attachment deleted by admin]

SuperT

I had to leave just as it was really getting interesting.  Glad to see I'll get to read the rest of the conversations.

Terry

PaleoFishGirl

Sorry there are no names associated with the posts, but when someone leaves the room their name disappears from the log.  By the time we saved the chat, almost everyone had already left!

darkdep

I'll start a new section within the articles as well where we'll archive all expert chats for future reference.