New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

2007 home show footage

Started by succinctfish, May 31, 2007, 12:52:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

succinctfish

Will it be possible to get a copy of the home show entries?  I know there was talk of it last year, and I would certainly like a copy to have some footage of my tank and my little fishies for posterity.  It would be nice to have it accessible like last year for people to view and download if they want, especially as a lot of folks weren't able to make it to the meeting this month.

freshwater

YoU Tuuuuuuuuuube, hahahaha ;D. Sorry couldn't help myself :-[.................... But if OVAS has the web space, it would much better 2 host them here, I just hope we have the bandwidth.

darkdep

Would there be much interest from anyone else?  I could burn a few copies of the homeshow video for those who would like a copy.

succinctfish

Well, clearly, I would like a copy.  I know that people ask about it throughout the year, so I thought it might be nice to at least have a copy in the OVAS library as well, and stills from it on the site permanently, so that people can see that we have a homeshow, who the winners past and present have been, and what those tanks look like.

freshwater

I would love a copy, those tanks looked sooo nice.

Quatro

I'd like to see a copy but on't need to keep it.  How about burning a couple for the OVAS Library?

RedFish

Did I miss seeing these by not going to the last meeting?   I have been checking the threads and never saw a link to the videos.     I guess they are tooo big to have on the ovas website.   

So please do have a copy in the library, perhaps more than one for safety's sake, I would very much like to see them!

freshwater

Or we can start our own DC++ hub, and share them that way?

succinctfish

Quote from: DarkDep on June 07, 2007, 11:56:15 AM
Would there be much interest from anyone else?  I could burn a few copies of the homeshow video for those who would like a copy.

Any news on this?  I would still like a copy, and I think if possible it would be great for stills of each entry to be in the gallery, with the winners in each category(last year) and this year's winner noted, as this wouldn't take up the bandwith that the videos would.  It would be nice to have the same from previous years as well.  There have been some great club member tanks on these videos, it's a shame not to have access to any of it.  Having it in the gallery is a great promotion for the coming year's homeshow as well.

charlie

Quote from: succinctfish on August 29, 2007, 03:16:42 PM
Any news on this?  I would still like a copy, and I think if possible it would be great for stills of each entry to be in the gallery, with the winners in each category(last year) and this year's winner noted, as this wouldn't take up the bandwith that the videos would.  It would be nice to have the same from previous years as well.  There have been some great club member tanks on these videos, it's a shame not to have access to any of it.  Having it in the gallery is a great promotion for the coming year's homeshow as well.
I 2nd that, maybe if we trimmed the classified we will have enough bandwidth for all the videos too  :D ;).

bitterman

Quote from: charlie on August 29, 2007, 04:01:17 PM
I 2nd that, maybe if we trimmed the classified we will have enough bandwidth for all the videos too  :D ;).

Coudl they be posted on youtube? that want we don't pay for the bandwidth?

Bruce

DavidJohnson

How large are the video files?  If they aren't too large I could temporarilly host them on my website so people that want them can download them.  I've got a fair bit of extra bandwidth that I don't currently use.

PaleoFishGirl

YouTube compression makes the quality look terrible. I'm sure we could host it on the site, I mean, how many people are actually going to download them?

babblefish1960

succinctfish

Quote from: PaleoFishGirl on August 29, 2007, 04:43:55 PM
YouTube compression makes the quality look terrible. I'm sure we could host it on the site, I mean, how many people are actually going to download them?

ugh...agreed.  I put our tank from last year on youtube and it's very blurry, it's kinda sad.  The homeshow is a great part of the club activities, and it's weird that it's not on the site.  Speaking from my experience with it over the last two years, it's a lot of fun to participate, but it's a lot of work preparing the fish for their brief moment of fame.  Let's get something from the homeshows on here please.  I've been mentioning this since last year's contest.   ::)