New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

A peek inside the OVAS Executive

Started by babblefish1960, September 11, 2007, 01:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

babblefish1960

To start off the new season, I thought it might be fun to show a little of the machinery behind the curtain in the planning and managing of the OVAS club, meetings, events and programs.

As you can see, there are quite a few of us who come together every month to bandy about new ideas as well as old, and somehow, we come to agreements of how best to serve the club to make sure you get the greatest meetings we can muster every month.

In this meeting we discussed the upcoming plant contest and of course the meeting program itself, along with a very special speaker coming to the club very shortly.

As you can tell from the furrowed brows and serious looks, there are a lot of deep thoughts that get shared and discussed, and of course, implemented into our itinerary.

Great things are to be expected with the library, as well we can expect some changes to the way the auctions will be operated during the monthly meetings, which is just around the corner.

Feel free to comment of course, but be nice, we all work pretty hard for our pay. :)

[attachment deleted by admin]

BigDaddy

So that's what the back of my head looks like  :)

beowulf

My first meeting as an executive and I found it interesting and I hope having a thread like this every month will allow people to see what goes on.

bitterman

Quote from: beowulf on September 11, 2007, 07:56:30 AM
My first meeting as an executive and I found it interesting and I hope having a thread like this every month will allow people to see what goes on.

Wulfie, you look like you are sleeping in that second pic LOL...

Come on spill the beans who is the speaker going to be??? :)

Bruce

beowulf

LOL no with this group I remained wide awake, I was typing notes on my laptop I think.  As for speakers I should have an announcement soon.

babblefish1960

The speaker for the month of October will be announced at the September meeting, so come on down to the meeting at Jack Purcell centre and be enlightened as to why you should be excited about October too! :)

succinctfish

Quote from: babblefish1960 on September 11, 2007, 08:55:41 AM
The speaker for the month of October will be announced at the September meeting, so come on down to the meeting at Jack Purcell centre and be enlightened as to why you should be excited about October too! :)
Mmmm...cryptic transparency....intriguing.  ;)
Nice photos, one should always know what the back of one's head looks like BD. ;D

BigMomma

What a great idea to give us a look at the "behind the scenes" of the Club!
Thank you to all of you for making it happen  :)

beowulf

Quote from: BigMomma on September 11, 2007, 04:59:47 PM
What a great idea to give us a look at the "behind the scenes" of the Club!
Thank you to all of you for making it happen  :)

So did BD remember the milk?  :D

BigMomma

Ya he picked it up in his SR-71 Blackbird  ;)

fishycanuck

Hmmmm.... laws, sausages, and the October speaker..... another mystery.

babblefish1960

Here are some photos of the hard working executive from the October Executive meeting.

Some highlights of the evening were some final details about exciting speakers coming this year, which the program chair will divulge in due course.  ;)

We discussed the Hallowe'en party planned for the October general meeting, and the coming newsletter sounds as terrific as the September newsletter.

The new BAP chair, Jodie Snider, attended her first executive meeting.  Welcome Jodie.

The kitten was a real help in decision making, and being that cute doesn't hurt either.

jodes22

Oh Lord, I knew I should have hid from the camera! hahaha Thank you for the warm welcome!  :) :) :)

babblefish1960

Well we had another meeting today, and though the camera was at hand, the meeting was so jam-packed with agenda and debate, that this was the only picture I could come up with.

Many things were decided today, and of course a big welcome to 3 new Executive members, Chanel the Treasurer, Bryana the Vice President, and of course, Errol the Membership chair.  From the sounds of today's meeting, it should be a fascinating collection of viewpoints and pro-active commitments.

One thing I can tell you about today's meeting, the gas subsidy has been temporarily re-instated for the upcoming SAM auction in Montreal on December 2.

There have been some changes to it, these and other details such as the carpool start point will be released shortly, and the subsidy is available only to card carrying OVAS club members in good standing.

Additionally, plans are being made for an official OVAS Christmas Party in December, details to be announced soon.

Moreover, for the first time in a long time, there is so much work to catch up on as a collective body, that the Executive committee has elected to have another Executive meeting in December to make certain that everything is ready for January, which we all know is shaping up to be the beginning of another great season of surprises.

So I apologise for the lack of accurate photographs, but this picture essentially sums up the current Executive in attendance. ;)

fishycanuck

Which one of you got to say, "you earthlings drive me crazy!"

BigDaddy

Fishy my dear, I am sorry I must correct you.

Marvin the Martian can only be properly quoted with his principle catchphrase:

"Where's the kaboom.  There was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom".

I can do it for you when next we meet.  :)

BigMomma

Thank you for posting this Babble!  :D

Here's a few more pics ...

Charlie the Dog
Pat and Trina are the cute gophers
Michigan Frog is Matt
Snowman is BigD
and of course Sylvester sufferin' succotash Babble  ;)

busdriver

That's the first time I've seen wulfy boy without his red hat on! ::) ::) :)
Like PFG says "I miss this place and all the people associated with it."

babblefish1960

Well hello there all you patient people, your Executive had a meeting on the 10th of December, which customarily doesn't occur, but we wanted to wrap up so many details regarding the coming speakers in January and so on.

Enclosed for your viewing pleasure are some candid shots of the meeting at rest between bouts of decision making and plans for much to come.

I am sure that everyone will enjoy some aspect of the coming programs and changes in the club.  Enjoy

babblefish1960

It turns out that my files were too large, so this is going to take a while, here are some more pictures.