New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

APW is Stepping Down... OVAS Needs a new Webmaster

Started by darkdep, February 27, 2008, 11:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

I would like to join in welcoming & thanking you for accepting this position .
Errol

groupie02

Thanks folks. I hope I can do as good a job as Chris.
Pierre

dpatte

DarkDep

The site is great, and your work has continued the advancement of our web presence, as well as the club.

I know the level of commitment required, and was pleased with the site enhancements during your term.

From the single page site we had when I became president - to the interactive site i put in place while president - to the progressively streamlined site we see now - the progress has continued through your term. The membership numbers are a clear sign that the web presence is what is driving our club growth more than anything else.

Good luck on your endevours, your work for OVAS has been appreciated.

1 210g Asian Community planted fast water tank: balas, tiger & black ruby barbs, red-tail black shark, rainbows, loaches, SAEs, gold CAEs, 1500GPH river flow, plus 1500gph filtration.
1 75g African planted tank: 3 synos (had them since the 90s), yellow labs, kribensis.
1 40g breeder, silicone-divided into two - quarantine and nursery.

dan2x38

Again I say THANK-YOU Chris awesome efforts. DD what will you do with the spare time?  8)

Groupie02 congrats and thanks for taking on this big job.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Vizerdrix

Congrats and thank you to Groupie02 for stepping up, and a heartfelt thank you to Chris for the wonderful work he's done!

It's not an easy job, and you did great. 

darkdep

Spare time?  Well, hopefully I'm going to lie in bed for a couple months playing World of Warcraft.  :)

groupie02

Quote from: DarkDep on March 25, 2008, 04:01:47 PM
Spare time?  Well, hopefully I'm going to lie in bed for a couple months playing World of Warcraft.  :)

Except for the "Lie in bed" part, I think that would be something I could do.

darkdep

Well, if I have a kidney removed, that's likely all I'll be able to do for a while :)

dan2x38

Quote from: DarkDep on March 25, 2008, 04:13:48 PM
Well, if I have a kidney removed, that's likely all I'll be able to do for a while :)

Let us know if we can lend a hand... likely need a few tank cleaners, etc.?
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Laura

Best of luck Chris - I hope it all goes smoothly and wish the best for you and your dad.
700 gal pond - Rosy reds

Sue

Thanks, Chris for the fantastic job you've done as webmaster in the last couple of years! It was always a pleasure working with you on the executive as well.  I hope your kidney thing goes well!

Groupie, thanks for taking on the job!

groupie02

Bump!

I've had enough of it. OVAS is now looking for a new web master. On top of what is listed in this thread, you need a credit card to handle all of the web site related expenses for the club. You do get reimbursed don't worry.

If you feel like you qualify for the job, send me a PM. 

beowulf

Quote from: groupie02 on January 25, 2009, 04:34:43 PM
Bump!

I've had enough of it. OVAS is now looking for a new web master. On top of what is listed in this thread, you need a credit card to handle all of the web site related expenses for the club. You do get reimbursed don't worry.

If you feel like you qualify for the job, send me a PM. 

Sorry to hear that, you been doing a great job.  Wish I had the time and up to date skills but alas I do not.

groupie02

Update: The credit card requirement can be removed. I've just renewed everything that needed to be so you do not need a credit card, at least for a while. Some other payment system could potentially be used.

Laura

700 gal pond - Rosy reds

audioslave_36

wow this site has had a hard time keeping exec's lately  ::)

groupie02

The exec is not related to the web site, they are related to the club (but the site and the club are related).  :D
Also, just for everyone's information, my reasons for stepping down are not related to the exec.

More info to come... soon

apuppet

has the requirements for the position changed much since the orginal posting?
planted

groupie02

ok - one last call. You have until 6pm Feb 2nd to send me a PM if you're interested at all.