New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

2008-2009 OVAS Executive

Started by garnpet, May 27, 2008, 01:07:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnpet

At the May 26th meeting elections were held for the 2008-2009 OVAS Executive.  Thanks to everyone who volunteered to run for a position and also a big thanks to those who came out and voted.

President
Matthew Séguin (mseguin)

Vice-President
Jenn Sutherland (roxydog)

Treasurer
Christine McCalla (vizerdrix)

Secretary
Sean Kettle (bigdaddy)

Membership
Art Williamson (artw)

Corporate and Public Affairs
Jody Willoughby (babblefish1960)

Program Director
Errol Choo (charlie)

Newsletter Editor
Trina Parsons (alongfortheride)

BAP/AHAP Chair
David Patte (dpatte)

Library Chair
Joyce Landry (washefuzzy)

Auction chair
Peter Garneau (garnpet)

Social Convener
Pat Foster (redbelly)
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

az

AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca

beowulf

Might want to fix Errol's name  ::)

dan2x38

Congrats to the new exec! Hats off to you all for stepping up to make this thing work. 8)

AND a Big Hip-Hip-Horaay to last years exec. for all their hard work! Thank you I appreicated all your efforts.  :)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

succinctfish

Congratulations to the new executive.  Thanks to everyone who ran for a position on the executive for next year, and of course everyone who came out to vote.  :)  It's great to be part of such an active club.

pwrca

Congratulations to all of the winners.  I'm sure that this executive will serve our club well.

Peter

Laura

Thanks to all who ran for being willing to give your free time for the club and congrats to the new board.
Thanks also to the previous exec for all your hard work!

700 gal pond - Rosy reds

Brine

WOOHOO I am so happy that all the positions were filled and so many good people came forward to offer their help.

One question though? When did Succinctfish become President? Did I miss something?

charlie

Quote from: Brine on May 28, 2008, 05:17:05 PM
WOOHOO I am so happy that all the positions were filled and so many good people came forward to offer their help.

One question though? When did Succinctfish become President? Did I miss something?
?? confused

groupie02

Quote from: Brine on May 28, 2008, 05:17:05 PM

Well, I was following article 3 section 8 of the club's constitution:
In case of absence and/or resignation, the order of succession to the Presidency shall follow the order listed in Article 3 Section 1.

That's basically Vice-President, Secretary, etc... as per article 3 section 1.

I had made the update to Succinctfish's online profile and the OVAS Executive page. Some folks have refuted the changes so I've reverted everything back to V.-P. to maintain status quo and will get the executive to decide on the issue at the next meeting.

Pierre

Brine

I think I see now....

I am used to Robert's rules of Order. Where the vice-president becomes only "acting president" until the next election. The president must be voted on.

If our constitution says differently then that is cool. I was just confused.

groupie02

that's the thing. The constitution doesn't say it in exact words.

dan2x38

In past didn't I hear Dave Patte resigned as President? What was the protocol then? Just asking... if there is already a president/precedent then wouldn't that be the course of action? Seems simple to me... but maybe I am just simple... LOL
Voltaire:

Brine

Quote from: dan2x38 on May 29, 2008, 12:03:19 AM
if there is already a president
You mean precedent, as in "that which happened previously" not president.

dan2x38

Quote from: Brine on May 29, 2008, 12:49:41 AM
You mean precedent, as in "that which happened previously" not president.

Correct precedent... it is late 2nd time I've been corrected bedtime... LOL
Voltaire:

charlie

Quote from: dan2x38 on May 29, 2008, 12:03:19 AM
In past didn't I hear Dave Patte resigned as President? What was the protocol then? Just asking... if there is already a president/precedent then wouldn't that be the course of action? Seems simple to me... but maybe I am just simple... LOL
Can someone who was around at the time elaborate on what Dan is talking about, when did Dave Patte resign as president ? & what happened then ?, this is all news to me , maybe Dave Patte can add his views here.
Regards

mseguin

This is currently being addressed by the executive, but in the past, when the president resigned, the VP became club President upon approval by the membership (at least that is my understanding). Therefore, I have suggested that at the June general meeting, the membership votes on approving Bryana Katz as president for the remainder of the season.

artw

As Matt stated,  Ron Barter was the current Vice President.  Upon approval by the membership, a vote was taken, and Ron accepted the nomination.

dan2x38

So that should be the process now. :) K.I.S.S.
Voltaire:

charlie

Quote from: mseguin on May 29, 2008, 09:29:16 AM
This is currently being addressed by the executive, but in the past, when the president resigned, the VP became club President upon approval by the membership (at least that is my understanding). Therefore, I have suggested that at the June general meeting, the membership votes on approving Bryana Katz as president for the remainder of the season.
I cant help but ask , what is the true purpose of all of this, as i now understand it, up until the time of the results of the election process for the 2008-2009 season, there was no motion/indication to the club about officially becoming President, after the results of the election, it is now apparent that the need to assume the official title/role of President is of impotence, is it necessary for the club since the season is almost on a wrap, we have how much more time left before we go into summer hibernation & then back for how long before the new Exec. assume the mantle. To me it is very obvious what is going on here & i`m positive the membership of the club can figure it out.
my 2 cents