New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

!!! Call for Volunteers !!!

Started by dan2x38, July 15, 2008, 09:52:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dan2x38

OVAS is holding our annual 'Membership Drive' on Aug. 30th. There are locations 2 locations: Walmart South Keys & La Niche Gatineau.

You'd be at one of these locations for the day or as long as you can. You should have your own chair though. We need lots of volunteers just in case some thing crops up and someone has to cancel.

This is a great way to get involved in your club and give back. Also get to meet lots of fishy folks. 8) If your not able to volunteer please drop by to support OVAS and visit those at the booth. Pick them up a Timmie's or whatever but no beer... LOL Come by to updateyour membership or purchase one. There prize ballots for those purchasing a membership.

Please post or PM me if your interested helping out in any way. Thanks in advance to all of you for your interst in our great club.  8)
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

tim_s

I have a wedding that day which is a shame I was going to volunteer to help ... I will pop by the downtown locations see how they are say hi. etc.

charlie

Quote from: dan2x38 on July 15, 2008, 09:52:54 AM
If you've not read the thread on Aug. 30th OVAS is holding our annual 'Membership Drive'. There are locations through out the City: Eastend, Kanata, Bank St., Gatineau, Orleans, and maybe more...

You'd be at one of these locations for the day or as long as you can. It would be best if you could stay at least 1/2 the shift. I will post the exact times but approx. 11am - 5pm. You should have your own chair though. Make the booth exciting (but tasteful) decorate to attract every bodies attention. Who knows maybe there will be a prize for best booth... ;) We need lots of volunteers just in case some thing crops up and someone has to cancel.

This is a great way to get involved in your club and give back. Also get to meet lots of fishy folks. 8) If your not able to volunteer please drop by to support OVAS and visit those at the booth. Pick them up a Timmie's or whatever but no beer... LOL Come by and support our sponsor's as well. They will have specials and/or a doorprize.

Please post or PM me if your interested helping out in any way. Thanks in advance to all of you for your interst in our great club.  8)
i will volunteer to sell the 2008-2009 membership at Big Al's east again , last year i had the honour of doing this with KLKelly & hope to have the same luck this year  :D, it was a joy to sell membership to renewing members & new incoming members.
http://ovas.ca/index.php?page=83.
Regards

zima

I can volunteer to do at least 1/2 of a shift somewhere downtown or on the eastend (BA?).

Fishnut

I can't make any promises but if I'm not occupied I'll keep charlie company at BA Innis.

AltamaraKai

I'll come out and visit you guys on my break

dan2x38

Still need volunteers!
Big Al's Innes 11am-5pm: Charlie, Vizedrix, Fishnut, & NormC - need one more

Big Al's Kanata 11am-5pm: RoxyDog - need a couple more

La Niche (Gatineau) 12pm-4pm: BigDaddy & Dorrie - need one more as a back-up

Pet Cirrus (Bank St./Somerset): Zima - need one more & a back-up

Thank you folks. Remember it is your club. Just like you need the club the club needs you so register now for next season.
Voltaire:

charlie

Quote from: dan2x38 on July 25, 2008, 12:31:39 PM
Still need volunteers!
Big Al's Innes 11am-5pm: Charlie, Fishnut, & NormC - need one more

Big Al's Innes 11am-5pm: RoxyDog - need a couple more

Thank you folks. Remember it is your club. Just like you need the club the club needs you so register now for next season.
Dan , i seem to recall pwrca ( Peter) indicating his willingness to help ( this was at the BBQ )

Vizerdrix

You have BA Innes mentionned twice, and I thought I was supposed to be helping out there...

dan2x38

Still need volunteers!
Big Al's Innes 11am-5pm: Charlie, Vizedrix, Fishnut, & NormC - need one more

Big Al's Kanata 11am-5pm: RoxyDog - need a couple more

Quote from: Vizerdrix on July 25, 2008, 02:09:45 PM
You have BA Innes mentionned twice, and I thought I was supposed to be helping out there...

I fixed both. As mentioned short term memory.  :-[ Can you do the whole shift?

Quote from: charlie on July 25, 2008, 12:37:17 PM
Dan , i seem to recall pwrca ( Peter) indicating his willingness to help ( this was at the BBQ )
OK I'll check. I go by my PMs and posts here. Short term memory I need notes... thanks.
Voltaire:

Vizerdrix

I *could* do the whole shift, but if we're four people it might be better to split it in two.  And hopefully it doesn't rain!  ;D  If Justin isn't working that day, he might be able to help too.

washefuzzy

I can do part of a half a day at either Big Al's Innes or Pet Circus.

dan2x38

Quote from: Vizerdrix on July 25, 2008, 04:46:09 PM
I *could* do the whole shift, but if we're four people it might be better to split it in two.  And hopefully it doesn't rain!  ;D  If Justin isn't working that day, he might be able to help too.

We want at least 3 there. It gets busy. When members are chatting to potential new members folks walk by without learning about the club. The 3rd person can help also for bathroom breaks... Oh Chris Timmies is very close so coffee runs will be required... a 3rd person is needed for sure!  8) We want to have a couple others maybe do 1/2 shifts to relieve someone. Be great to have 2 execs. there entire shift... hint-hint :)
Voltaire:

dan2x38

I need people for the South Keys Walmart. OK folks since the Big Al's boothes are not going this year I've had a lot of folks cancel. There is tons of free parking and excellent bus service via transitway. Plus if others are going there it can likely be co-ordinated for car pooling. It will be a busy spot so I'd like to have as many people as I can get for full shifts or part shifts.

The date again is Aug. 30th and the the time 11am-5pm. If your only reason for not being able to make it I can arrange pick-up even if I have to pick you up.
Voltaire:

Fishnut

I will try my best Dan!!!  I can't promise but I will try.  Despite the fact that I'm anti-Wal-Mart, that's where I'll go if I'm free.

dan2x38

Quote from: Fishnut on August 17, 2008, 10:45:20 PM
I will try my best Dan!!!  I can't promise but I will try.  Despite the fact that I'm anti-Wal-Mart, that's where I'll go if I'm free.
Thanks Slyvia... I have you on my list. I am really looking for those able to 110% commit. Still like to have you come if you can? Thanks...
Voltaire:

washefuzzy

Dan you have my name for walmart.

charlie

Quote from: dan2x38 on August 17, 2008, 08:57:35 PM
I need people for the South Keys Walmart. OK folks since the Big Al's boothes are not going this year I've had a lot of folks cancel. There is tons of free parking and excellent bus service via transitway. Plus if others are going there it can likely be co-ordinated for car pooling. It will be a busy spot so I'd like to have as many people as I can get for full shifts or part shifts.

The date again is Aug. 30th and the the time 11am-5pm. If your only reason for not being able to make it I can arrange pick-up even if I have to pick you up.

So is Zima & Norm willing to come to Wal- Mart , since we will not be doing the Big al`s & Pet circus ?
it looks like we have myself, Fishnut, Washefuzzy - anyother helpful folks willing to come spend some fun time talking to other folks about our club & the wonderful hobby.
Here is great chance to share you knowledge & experience while helping to promate this hobby & club.

dan2x38

Quote from: charlie on August 18, 2008, 11:01:35 AM
So is Zima & Norm willing to come to Wal- Mart , since we will not be doing the Big al`s & Pet circus ?
it looks like we have myself, Fishnut, Washefuzzy - anyother helpful folks willing to come spend some fun time talking to other folks about our club & the wonderful hobby.

-Zima said he might be able to make it?
-Norm was not able to commit it is a bit far?
-Fishnut might not be able to make it because of work?
-Washefuzzy can make it but later on and not sure of time & for how long?

Charlie you are the only one committed to show up. Also only one to cover the whole shift. Since there are no Big Al's boothes been a lot of cancellations & maybes?  :-[
Voltaire:

washefuzzy

I can stay the whole course Dan.