New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

A Sunday afternon with Frank Aguirre

Started by charlie, November 25, 2008, 12:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

Quote from: washefuzzy on November 25, 2008, 12:14:28 AM
Frank just wants more of Swiss  Chalet.   ;D

I really enjoyed his presentation. Next time bring him in for the day! He has so much to say and all worth listening to. Way to go Charlie

Quote from: Nerine on November 25, 2008, 06:32:57 AM
I have to agree with Joyce!! That time slot was WAY too short!!! There was still more to hear!!

I really enjoyed the meeting!

drive home wasn't too bad...the 417 east was ok... at least up to St Laurent!

I agree a speaker of Frank`s caliber deserve more time, which begs the question how many folks would be willing to give up a winter Sunday( say 1.00 -4.00 PM ) to attend another fantastic presentation by Frank .
How about a relaxed restaurant style atmosphere ? ;)

Vizerdrix

I would definitely go on a Sunday afternoon, but I don't think a restaurant would be the best place unless it's an intimate meeting (not many people).  If we have a large group, it would be better to have a presentation hall.

BTW, I really like our new accomodations! 

washefuzzy

I agree with Vizy I thought the accomadations where great. I would love to hear more from Frank on a Sunday afternoon.

charlie

Quote from: Vizerdrix on November 25, 2008, 12:36:35 PM
I would definitely go on a Sunday afternoon, but I don't think a restaurant would be the best place unless it's an intimate meeting (not many people).  If we have a large group, it would be better to have a presentation hall.

BTW, I really like our new accomodations! 
Well the place i`m eye balling is in the Barhaven area
have a stage
have a screen
have a PA system
basically is empty on Sunday afternoon
have a extensive menu & Bar
Oh & can seat about a 100 people
Just a thought , if folks would care for something like that, let`s hear your thoughts
It`s also very cosy  ;)

Vizerdrix

fischkopp

be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

dan2x38

A Sunday sounds good but not to early I'd hope Nathan always plays hockey or practices in the morning. Barhaven is a long ways out. The new location is excellent and much easier to get to than Barhaven. Why not see if the new location is available for such a Sunday afternoon.

Could make it a little more interesting... since the serving counters are made available we could have a pot luck members or those bringing food get a ticket for the potluck others pay a small fee OR OVAS could buy some food and sell tickets (cheap) for a meal i.e. lasagna or spaghetti with garlic bread. There is a stove sell hot dogs & hamburgers with potato chips. Also sell beverages but offer coffee for free. Keep the speaker free though? Then again add this as an event for the Giant Auction but hold it on that weekend for Satuday afternoon.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

charlie

Keep your comments coming guy`s,
Nothing wrong with our meeting location, i love it, but there are times  a change of pace is good, you know some wings, nachos etc, a nice refreshment while you listen & best of all you are waited on  :D

RoxyDog

Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

washefuzzy

Barhaven!! arggg.... Long way away but it sounds like a great idea.

dan2x38

Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

Sue

I like the idea of the event, but as an east ender I'd be much more likely to go if it was a central location, or at least not far-haven.

Nerine

Oooh that sounds nice!! I'll travel to Barhaven for that!!!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

bitterman

Sounds very nice, If I'm around and the wife will let me out of the house, I'd like to come.

Bruce

washefuzzy

Fishnut

I'm game for a Sunday afternoon, but PLEASE PLEASE give me enough notice so I don't schedule an Open House on the same afternoon.
Barrhaven is really far though!! Somewhere central (downtown to nepean) would be better.  Meh...I'll be there, wherever it is :)

Of all the meetings for me to completely forget about, it had to be a great one!!!  :'( Oh well, I had plenty of things on my mind so it's no surprise that I forgot.

bitterman

Quote from: Fishnut on November 26, 2008, 04:06:59 PM
Barrhaven is really far though!! Somewhere central (downtown to nepean) would be better.  Meh...I'll be there, wherever it is :)

OMG that is too funny, I drive 45 minutes to the meeting each month, I actually rather keep it other there, might be less conjested too.

Bruce

mseguin

Funny how the Haven doesn't seem so far now that I work down there.

Vizerdrix

I don't mind driving somewhere if it's for a good cause.  Hearing Frank again certainly falls under that category!

Barhaven isn't that bad anymore.  There are a lot of ways to get there that are quick.  The 416 is but one of them. :)

No matter what, someone will always complain about the location.  If somewhere good is available (and Charlie's location sounds fantastic) I say we go for it.