New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

A Sunday afternon with Frank Aguirre

Started by charlie, November 25, 2008, 12:26:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beowulf

How the heck is Barrhaven far?  This is a smallish city afterall.

washefuzzy

Only on bus. Takes about 1 1/2 to 2 hours one way.  :P
But for Frank it would be worth it.

Nerine

Anywhere in Ottawa is far on the bus...
it's shorter for me to walk to the library...than take a 40 min bus ride for something I can walk in 15 mins
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

dan2x38

Point I am trying to make is if we invite him isn't OVAS paying? Then better to make it as accessible as possible for all our members.
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."

groupie02

Fishnut

"Far" is a person's individual perspective.  It takes me 40 minutes to drive there, so I personally consider it far.  People who live there obviously don't think it's such a hike and people who go there for a great reason, like work or an important event, go regardless of how they feel about the distance.  That doesn't mean that those of us who think that a certain place is "far" have the wrong idea and need to be corrected.  I would think that if an event is being planned and people are asked for their input, this is a valid comment.

As I said, I'll be happy to go to a meeting in Barrhaven, despite how FAR I have to travel. 

fischkopp

Montreal would be far - despite the fact that probably everyone of us made a trip there once to check out Point Claire :)

Honestly, any place in the Greater Ottawa Area is just fine as long as the location provides a nice atmosphere and the topic of the talk interests me. Does anyone ever complain when going to see the Senator's? ;)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

Fishhead89

Sounds like fun. And I have no idea who this Frank Guy is?

charlie

Quote from: Fishnut on December 12, 2008, 11:58:07 AM
Any news on this?
I`m still trying to sort out scheduling etc., should have something firm after the festive season is over.

charlie

Frank Aguirre, has asked me to extend season greetings on his behalf to all OVAS members & their families, he looks forward to spending some more time with us in the near future.