New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

2009/2010 OVAS Election Nominations

Started by garnpet, April 28, 2009, 11:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garnpet

If you plan to run for a specific position on the OVAS executive for the 2009/2010 season you can post your intentions here.  Please post only if you have decided you are running, not if you are still thinking about it.

Please do not post comments.

Names on this thread received by May 24th at 10:00 p.m. will be entered on the elections ballot, anyone declaring to run for a position after the deadline will be added manually to the ballot by the membership at the time of the election.

Please let us know your name in the real world, the position for which you have decided to run, and if you so choose, a brief blurb as to why you would be a good candidate for that particular position. 

All members in good standing are welcome to run for any elected position.

1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

mseguin

I will NOT be running for President next year, so someone else needs to thrown their hat in the ring!

washefuzzy

I really enjoyed being Librarian this past year and will be running for the position  again.
I have a background of running and owning two book stores, managing a second hand book store, being on a library board, volunteering at 2 libraries and taking care of OVAS's library for the last year.
As you can see books and fish are of a great interest to me.

Joyce Landry

RoxyDog

I won't be running for Vice Prez again either...so with Prez and VP open, we'll need someone to run the show!  :)
Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

fischkopp

I joined the executive in the beginning of the year as Secretary. I would like to continue the work I started in the next season and will officially run for this position.

Robert Hemp
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

markw

I also joined in September as BAP/AHAP chair. I will also put my name in for re-election to the Exec.
Mark Warmington

garnpet

I've been a member of the Exec for three years now, one as newsletter editor and two as auction chair.  For the upcoming season I would like to put my name in for re-election as auction chair.

zima

I've been a member of the club for almost 3 years. I've enjoyed the website, the meetings, and the events very much. My help to the club has been limited thus far - I've volunteered to help auction items at a couple of mini auctions and at the giant auction. I think it is time for me to help out at the executive committee. I would like to put my name for election to the Membership Chair.

Anja

I've been a member for a little over a year and would like to get more involved. I'll be putting my name in for newsletter editor. I'm a writer and editor in my day job and have been involved with a newsletter in a different field as assistant editor.

Anja Krebber
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

mseguin

Thanks to the people who have volunteered so far. We still need more people to volunteer to help run this club. Even if you have no experience with this kind of thing, there's no reason you can't join the executive. Feel free to run for either one of the free positions or one someone already is, if you feel you have something to offer to that position. We have several positions that we really need to run this club properly that no one has expressed interest in yet:

Treasurer: A pretty obvious one, we need someone to deal with the finances of the club, keep us up to date on how we're doing, etc.

Program Chair: This is a critical one that a lack of puts a lot of strain on the rest of the exec. This is the position where you get to really make the meetings enjoyable, as charlie (Errol) did this year, by bringing in great speakers and programs for the club.

Corporate and Public Relations: While the club has survived without one in the past, this is an area with a lot of growth potential and a lot of ways to get OVAS' name out there in the public eye.

President and Vice-President: Obviously, the club needs direction, and the President and VP, lend that direction to make sure that things stay organized and timely.

Nerine

I'd like to put my name in for Corporate and Public Relations

My name is Alysa Farrell, I have been a member of OVAS since 2004 (I lurked for awhile before that!)

My experience:

I served as Public Relations of my college's local chapter of The National Association for Music Education for 2 years in California. 

my duties included but were not limited to: Going to local restaurants and businesses to set up fund raising tables and raffles, setting up live entertainment; making and mailing fliers and brochures to promote the MENC; attending local events to speak about the MENC.

I fully enjoyed my time spent on the board of the MENC and would love to be a part of the OVAS executive

55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

RoxyDog

Okay, I'm going to put my name in for Treasurer, after all we do kinda need one.  ;)

Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.

mseguin

After some careful consideration, I have decided I will again be running for President this year

charlie

I`m happy to throw my name in the mix for Vice president, i think the experience gained on the exec. dabbling with the membership chair, program director chair & public relations chair for a short while , will serve me well in this position

wandmangels

i would like to run for social conveynor..

Wayne..

garnpet

Thanks to all of you who put your name forward for the elections.  Please remember that there will still be a chance at the meeting tonight to put your name forward or to nominate someone for a position.

RossW

garnpet

Thanks to all who came out and voted last evening. 

Your 2009/2010 OVAS Executive is as follows:

President           Matt Séguin            mseguin
Vice-President    Errol Choo               charlie
Secretary          Robert Hemp           fischkopp
Treasurer          Jennifer Sutherland   roxydog
Corporate          Alysa Farrell             nerine
Programs           Errol Choo               charlie
Newsletter         Anja Krebber           anja
BAP                  Mark Warmington     markw
Library              Joyce Landry           washefuzzy
Auction             Peter Garneau         garnpet
Social               Wayne Smith           wandmangels