New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

2010 OVAS BBQ & Pig Roast

Started by mseguin, May 24, 2010, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mseguin

So everyone, we decided to go a little bit different this year for the annual BBQ. We are having a pig roast!! Mark the date!

Where: Vincent Massey Park, Heron Rd and Riverside drive, Site "B"

When: Sunday June 13th in the afternoon

What: Country Roasters is coming in, and they will be carving the pig from 1-3, but feel free to show up early or stay later
http://countryroasters.com/

Who: Free for OVAS club members and their families, non-members either $5 or bring a dessert, salad, etc.

Please indicate in poll above how many people will be attending (including yourself). Also, pm Wandmangels if you do not eat pork or would like a vegetarian option. OVAS will provide drinks, buns, and condiments.  Also, feel free to bring your favorite salad or dessert.

Brent Shaver

Sounds like fun for sure.

I will bring donuts and timbits for the yougins.  Will judge how many once I see a count of how many will be attending.

Looking forward to a great day...

Fishnut

Should I bring my brownies again?  They seem to be a hit for the past 2 BBQ's :)

ciaus

Sounds like a real blast see everyone there...I voted and said wife and son are coming(3) total, but kid will probably not want to come along...(teenage monster)

Ciaus

Nerine

Brownies please!!
I will bring fish cookies!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Vincenzo.

i will bring water bottles again. prolly only 1-2 cases this time.. since i had like 4.5cases left over last time.

btw, just for people to know....if you already didn't... remember the washroom facility that was there? (currently under construction) the old one has been torn down and a new one is being built, and it wont be ready for september (if i remember correctly) ... im not sure if they have go-huts, for the public....only reason i know this is i worked there for some of the new construction....just maybe something to consider

wandmangels

Vince.. i already have Water no need to bring any

Fishnut

bitterman

Who is bringing the Beer? j/k

I'm still in discussion with the wife on this one. i want to attend, but she is having a girls weekend camping and will be using the Car and I am spending the time with my kids.

Bruce

Blackstitch

I'll be attending if I can switch my Sunday to work, seeing as to next Sunday most likely will be my scheduled sunday to work.

Anja

I've already marked our attendance in the poll, but forgot to mention I'll bring a salad. Either bean or pasta, I think.  :)
250G (Pond) - Comets, Rosy Reds; 20G Retirement - Congo Tetras, BN, Banjo Cats, Pristellas, Buenos Aires Tetras, Zebra Danios; 25G Pygmy Corys, BN, Green Neons, Assassin Snails, 15G Blue Daisy Ricefish, BN, Betta; 6.6G (Edge) - Diamond Head Tetras, 3G Bloody Mary shrimp, 2G Caridina Cantonensis (tangerine tiger)

Nerine

I will be bringing some toys and such for the kiddies!
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

bitterman

Quote from: bitterman on June 01, 2010, 11:24:41 AM
Who is bringing the Beer? j/k

I'm still in discussion with the wife on this one. i want to attend, but she is having a girls weekend camping and will be using the Car and I am spending the time with my kids.

Bruce

Things are sounds positive so it looks like all 4 of us will be attending.

Bruce

garnpet

Although the food is scheduled from 1pm to 3pm, we will start arriving around noon to setup.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

wandmangels

BEverages(pop, water, juice, Iced tea) Buns and condiments(mustard dijon, Honey, and Regular)), BBQsauce, Ketchup, Relish) WILL be provided these items are not required for people to bring

i will also be bringing some Hotdogs(all beef) and some veggie burgers as well for people with dietary restrictions

WHAT WE DO NEED:
Salads, deserts, Veggies, fruit

Please post on this thread what you plan to bring so that we dont end up with everyone bringing the same items

I will be bringing a Cucumber Salad

wandmangels

60 people SO FAR...looks like its going to be a BUSY day...

charlie

If anyone has access to a portable quick set up Gazebo shelter, please feel free to bring it along on Sunday, it will be a bonus if it sprinkles as well if the sun is in all it`s glory.
Oh also bring your folding chairs.
Please post in this thread if you can bring a portable shelter.

mseguin

The pig is being carved at 1, so be there by 1 or earlier if you want it fresh!

Brent Shaver

I will bring 2 dozen donuts and 60 timbits... 

Not much of a baker... :)

HomerJ

Quote from: Brent Shaver on June 11, 2010, 08:20:21 AM
I will bring 2 dozen donuts and 60 timbits... 

Not much of a baker... :)

<Homer Simpson's voice>Hmmmmmm.... donuts.......</Homer Simpson's voice>

Sorry, couldn't resist.