New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

2010 OVAS BBQ & Pig Roast

Started by mseguin, May 24, 2010, 05:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie

The club is in need of borrowing a Small gas generator as a back up in the event of power disruption on Sunday , this would only be used to drive a Small motor on the Pig Spit to turn the rotisserie.
If you have  one that you are willing to help us out with please PM me ASAP.
Thanks

charlie

Quote from: mseguin on May 24, 2010, 05:39:09 PM
So everyone, we decided to go a little bit different this year for the annual BBQ. We are having a pig roast!! Mark the date!

Where: Vincent Massey Park, Heron Rd and Riverside drive, Site "B"

When: Sunday June 13th in the afternoon

What: Country Roasters is coming in, and they will be carving the pig from 1-3, but feel free to show up early or stay laterhttp://countryroasters.com/

Who: Free for OVAS club members and their families, non-members either $5 or bring a dessert, salad, etc.

Please indicate in poll above how many people will be attending (including yourself). Also, pm Wandmangels if you do not eat pork or would like a vegetarian option. OVAS will provide drinks, buns, and condiments.  Also, feel free to bring your favorite salad or dessert.
The Roasters will be there from 10.300 AM along with a few of us doing the finsihing touches required , feel free to come @ 10.30 we can always do with a extra set of hands.
Before proceeding to Site B please have a peek at the shelterd building at the end of the parking lot( where the wash rooms were loctaed, there is a very good chance we might have a nicer location there , which might be usefull if it sprinklles  & also that site has useable Hydro.

ciaus

Not having been to the park before, where is site "B"?  I am looking at Google maps and see a building at the western end of the parking lot, at the south end of the park.

TIA

bitterman

Quote from: ciaus on June 11, 2010, 03:53:20 PM
Not having been to the park before, where is site "B"?  I am looking at Google maps and see a building at the western end of the parking lot, at the south end of the park.

TIA

http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/data/2/rec_docs/1503_vm_map_andlegend.pdf

garnpet

Just a reminder, if it was like previous years, it will cost $5 to park your vehicle and I don't believe there are in-out privileges.  Plan accordingly.
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

Blackstitch

I will most likely be bringing a spinach salad. I might even be bringing a portable shelter that is easy to set up.

washefuzzy

Nerine and I will be there at 9ish after she drops of the hubby at work.

Fishnut

9ish?!  Wowsers!!  An all day BBQ!

Do you guys need anything at all?  I have time to help in the morning but I have to leave precisely at 1:30pm...work calls. 

I have all the ingredients for my brownies, which I will be baking tonight...including the most chocolatey, gooey frosting I could find :D

Nerine

I am bringing a roll of toilet paper...JUST in case...I just finished baking and will be digging up something to do and dragging things out of the basement and loading the car tonight! If anyone else is able to come early...that would be excellent!! Joyce & I might get a bit bored...
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

Brent Shaver

I will try to be there around 11-12 to help if anything needs setting up.  Cant come earlier as I am hosting a poker game tonight and it will run into the wee hours... :)

See you there

Fishnut

Would you like me to pick you up from the park and bring you over here?  I'll be around that way in the morning anyways.  That way you don't have to stay at the park all day OR loose your $5 for parking.

Nerine

we have to stake out the site....so can't leave unless others will be there to take over...
55 Gallon: Zamora Woodcats, Gold Gourami, Severum, Convicts
Misc tanks: Glo Light Tetras, Harlequin Tetras, Danios, Platies, Guppies, Otto cats
Breeding: Platies, Guppies, Convicts

bitterman

0 more sleeps!  Waiting for the wife to get home....still..... Been up since 4am.... when the kids got me up.

Salad is made, and ready to put in a cooler.

Bruce

mseguin

Thanks to everyone for coming out, thanks to Country Roasters for a delicious roast, and a big thanks to Wayne for organizing, and the other execs who helped.

charlie

See this thread for post BBQ/Pig Roast comments & Thank you messages
http://ovas.ca/index.php?topic=45239.msg256198#new