New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

A productive alternative to recent changes

Started by markw, June 09, 2010, 11:21:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bitterman

Quote from: FocusFin on June 10, 2010, 07:42:30 AM
Free is good or maybe a pro rata for the summer months since there aren't any meetings scheduled. It may be overly complicated but say a membership is $20.00 from September to April and then decreases by $5.00 each month thereafter. May $15.00, June $10.00, July $5.00, August free. An alteration to the "purchase membership" page may be all that's needed to reflect this.

Whether the club receives $10.00 now or $5.00 next month makes very little difference on the handful of memberships that will be sold but it does help to avoid inadvertently charging a new member more ($15.00 in June then $20.00 in September) than an existing member for the same benefits.

Again, maybe overly complicated but also timely given the recent changes to the classifieds.

Would it not be easier to just allow people to purchase renewed/new memberships for the following year starting June/July and they cover between purchase date till September the following year. This might be a bit of a bonus for a new person that wants to join, but nothing really goes on in July or august right now anyways.

Having to many price points etc can get confusing. i can just see people getting charged the wrong price by accident and the nasty thread that might occur as a result.

Regards,
   Bruce

FocusFin

Quote from: bitterman on June 10, 2010, 07:57:59 AM
Would it not be easier to just allow people to purchase renewed/new memberships for the following year starting June/July and they cover between purchase date till September the following year. This might be a bit of a bonus for a new person that wants to join, but nothing really goes on in July or august right now anyways.Having to many price points etc can get confusing. i can just see people getting charged the wrong price by accident and the nasty thread that might occur as a result.

There are no nasty threads ;)

Yup, too many price points is confusing.

110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

garnpet

Quote from: bitterman on June 10, 2010, 07:57:59 AM
Would it not be easier to just allow people to purchase renewed/new memberships for the following year starting June/July and they cover between purchase date till September the following year. This might be a bit of a bonus for a new person that wants to join, but nothing really goes on in July or august right now anyways.
We already have that.  Full priced membership bought in July and August of this year are good until the end of September 2011.  Once July rolls around we change the pricing on the web page.

http://ovas.ca/index.php?page=83
1 fish, 2 fish, <°{{{><  , <°{{{><  

FocusFin

Quote from: garnpet on June 10, 2010, 09:39:48 AM
We already have that.  Full priced membership bought in July and August of this year are good until the end of September 2011.  Once July rolls around we change the pricing on the web page.

Wasn't aware of this, so I guess it's good we asked.

110g saltwater/reef

I was walking down the street and a man was hammering on a roof top and he called me a Paranoid Little Weirdo. . . in morse code.

bitterman

Quote from: FocusFin on June 10, 2010, 12:23:06 PM
Wasn't aware of this, so I guess it's good we asked.

Me either, look OVAS is already doing things to help the community before we even mention it! The execs are doing a great job anticipating peoples needs!

B

zima

It has indeed been the practice of OVAS to provide the option of purchasing membership for the next season (2010/11) in July and August of the current year. I intend to continue this tradition!

In addition, I can say that I am willing to accommodate other methods of transactions for people who are uncomfortable using PayPal, can't come to meetings, or really need the membership before the next meeting/event. For example, folks are more than welcome to contact me and see whether we can arrange for them to drop by my place/work/elsewhere in town and purchase the membership directly from me. I've done this with a few members, and it works!

FocusFin

Quote from: zima on June 10, 2010, 02:09:23 PM
In addition, I can say that I am willing to accommodate other methods of transactions for people who are uncomfortable using PayPal, can't come to meetings, or really need the membership before the next meeting/event. For example, folks are more than welcome to contact me and see whether we can arrange for them to drop by my place/work/elsewhere in town and purchase the membership directly from me. I've done this with a few members, and it works!

I'm often on the road so if I can pick up money or drop off a membership for anyone I'm happy to do it.

110g saltwater/reef

karjean

Quote from: zima on June 10, 2010, 02:09:23 PM
It has indeed been the practice of OVAS to provide the option of purchasing membership for the next season (2010/11) in July and August of the current year. I intend to continue this tradition!

Would it be possible to provide a link on the membership fee page to either someone's contact or a link to make arrangements for people not willing to go on Paypal it could be useful.

I do agree from this site's different comments, the board is trying hard and we do appreciate all the efforts provided.

Thank you,

Quatro

You can buy with Paypal through the online store.

If you do not like Paypal, talk to Anton Maslow (zima)
PM - http://ovas.ca/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=1998
Email -