New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

ReefBrite Blue: Fish FREAK OUT ?!?!

Started by HomerJ, March 16, 2011, 10:42:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HomerJ

Hi all:

Just curious to know if any of you with Blue ReefBrites have noticed your fish freaking out when the lights turn on? 

I currently have my T5 blue come on first, and the fish are just happy, except for the first few seconds when the lights turn on where they just run and hide.  15 minutes later, the ReefBrite comes on.  That's when one of my clowns just goes berzerk on the other poor fella.  It usually lasts about 5 minutes.  To the point I am worried it'll get hurt!  I tried turning off the ReefBrite when that happens, and aggression stops immediately.

I have never seen any aggressive behavior between these 2 clowns (except when I first introduced them in the tank, but that was normal "territorial" behavior).  They always lived happily together in the frogspawn they picked.

JetJumper

I noticed that when I changed my lighting around a while ago my fish took a couple of weeks to get used to the lights.  They would all go hide in the rock work for a bit then come out.  Now they are fine.  I didn't have any aggressors however that would beat up other fish.
.: JetJumper's Zone :.