New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Led lighting recommendations

Started by Mark, December 15, 2022, 07:45:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark

Looking to replace my older Marineland brand led light that has stopped working and looking for recommendations. It is for an African cichlid tank with no plants. I would get the same again but can not find much Marineland gear anywhere! 48 inch tank and the few I have seen locally were the better part of $200 and the ones I have seen online have terrible reviews. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Well and truly hooked.

new_hobby

Quote from: Mark on December 15, 2022, 07:45:42 AMLooking to replace my older Marineland brand led light that has stopped working and looking for recommendations. It is for an African cichlid tank with no plants. I would get the same again but can not find much Marineland gear anywhere! 48 inch tank and the few I have seen locally were the better part of $200 and the ones I have seen online have terrible reviews. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi Mark,

Look in the member classified section (http://ovas.ca/forum/index.php?topic=63263.0), Jeff sells a very good LED brand for a very good price.

Mark

Thank you new_hobby very much for the info, after closer look it was the timer that was at fault not the light, much rather spend $20 to fix the situation than $200+  🙂
Well and truly hooked.