New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Discoloured Seals?

Started by 101DalmatianMollies, January 23, 2024, 11:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

101DalmatianMollies

Howdy!

I'm hoping someone can give me some guidance - I noticed on my 75 gallon two seals are very discoloured - they should be black, but they are yellow.

Is this a sign of things to come? Should I be worried? Is it time for me to replace the tank? I would need to regardless as it is heavily stocked and I'm not experienced with re-sealing enough to have these fish hang out in a rubbermaid container while I get my act together. So I would need to replace it so the would have someplace to be and then reseal this one.

It's a second hand tank, I've had it for at least 4 years, and the previous owner I'm sure had it for that long at least.

Thanks!

CarlP

This is clearly water ingress under the silicone.
I'd get another tank and transfer everything.
I don't think it will leak but you don't want to test your luck any longer. The silicone is no longer glued to the pane.

101DalmatianMollies

Ok! I really wasn't sure. It doesn't feel like it's lifted from the tank, but if this discolouration can only be caused by the silicone lifting then that would be an issue.

Definitely not looking forward to swapping tanks not going to lie lol.

Thanks.