New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Can someone explain the Forum Account ranking?

Started by Muad'Dib, September 14, 2006, 09:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muad'Dib

Hi can some explain to me the breakdown of the Forum rankings?
For example the Star rating and the Fry - Juvenile - Adult etc ranking.

How do they work? I know they are tied to number of posts...

Thanks
Dean
50 Gal Main aquarium w/ 40gal sump for filtration - Currently housing 19 cichlids.
4 - Labidochromis caeruleus - Electric Yellow Labs
5  - Cynotilapia Afra White Top "Hara Reef"
4 - Aulonocara sp. "OB " - Orange Blotch Peacock Cichlid
3 - Protomelas taeniolatus (Likoma Is.) Tangerine Tiger Cichlid
3 - Otopharynx Lithobates (Zimbawe Rock) - Aristo Yellow Blaze Cichlid
12 Gal grow tank - 40 + OB Peacock, Electric Yellow Labs, Hara Reef Afras Fry + maybe a Yellow Blaze Litho Fry or 2

darkdep

Yep, that's all they are tied to.  The number of stars and the "title" are linked.  It goes like this:

- Hatchling
- Fry
- Juvenile
- Adult
- Spawning Adult

Each one gives you an extra star.  At a certain number of posts, you gain a higher "level".  It's mostly silly fun, and doesn't really "mean" anything.  I won't post the post numbers required for each level because every time I do, someone decides to go post a bunch of pointless messages just to get another star :)

Yellow stars are for regular users, Blue stars are OVAS Executives, and Red stars are for the APW. 

Muad'Dib

Quote from: s0me on September 14, 2006, 10:39:36 AM
Can I get green clovers?

I was going to ask for Blue horseshoes  ;)

Thanks for explaination DD!
50 Gal Main aquarium w/ 40gal sump for filtration - Currently housing 19 cichlids.
12 Gal grow tank - 40 + OB Peacock, Electric Yellow Labs, Hara Reef Afras Fry + maybe a Yellow Blaze Litho Fry or 2

Muad'Dib

Quote from: DarkDep on September 14, 2006, 10:34:18 AM
  I won't post the post numbers required for each level because every time I do, someone decides to go post a bunch of pointless messages just to get another star :)

Hey APW,  can you PM the numbers?  I promise to never make the public, and I won't go  post-al on you... ;)

BigDaddy

If you look at a few other members postings... you should be able to figure it out.....