New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

NEW TANKER

Started by Timmysfishin, July 23, 2008, 04:19:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timmysfishin

I have a new 20 Gallon tank. I had four Molly's, three died and two more were put in. So, now I have three pretty active Molly's. The tank is about three weeks old, I cycled 20% and added cond,waste man, and salt. I also added new water (about 10%) with the above stuff a week later. I had water tested and was advised not cycle for at least another two weeks and not to add any more fish. The test showed pretty normal for new tank.  Does this get easier or am I doomed to flushing and adding new fish every other three or four weeks. I am an animal lover and this is kinda breaking my heart. Any advice is welcomed. I am new here & have gained considerable respect for you tankers out there. Please help however!!

P&L
Tim

dan2x38

Welcome aboard Tim! Sounds like you are right on track. Be patient it will happen. Keep us posted on test readings and fishes actions. Watch for the fish hanging around the top, clamping fins, and other abnormal behavoir. Feed once a day and very little. More fish die from over eating then under feeding. Shut off lights or reduce time they are on. Replace salt with water changes but just for the ratio of the water change. Use Prime water conditioner it is the best. It detoxifies ammonia & nitrites that kill fish.

If you do not have your OVAS membership for 2008-2009 get it now. OVAS is holding our annual membership drive on Aug. 30th. Of course you can buy your memberships now, at any meeting, Big Al's Innes, online here, the membership drive locations, and of course afterwards as well. So far these are the locations: Big Al's- 1900 Innes Road & 145 Roland Michener Drive, Kanata, Pet Cirrus- 274 Bank Street, & La Niche- 205 rue Bellehumeur, Gatineau. Any additional locations will be announced.

What does your membership bring you you might ask?  8) Well discounts from OVAS Sponsors, full access to the forums Lounge and Photo Gallery, borrow books from the Library, and registeration on the OVAS Breeders Directory. Not to mention free admission to special events & speakers.

Thank you!
Voltaire:
"I may not agree with what you have to say,
but I'll defend to the death your right to say it."