New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

new here and ...to bigger tanks

Started by mamie, October 28, 2009, 06:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamie

Hi there well I'm not a newbie to freshwater fish but I am a newbie at such a big tank...55 gallon to me is huge compared to my little 30.
This is my acquisition story lol
I was supposed to pick up a beautiful 55 gallon (without filter) tank Thursday last week. I couldn't get there between the seller and myself, we just couldn't do it and the next day she was leaving town till Yesterday. So on kijiji I see another 55 gallon with filter for 100$. I get there this tank is nice but no canope. I decided to take it anyhow putting all the fish, filter all the water in my car lol I brought it home and set it up. I can't stand that there is no light and hood. So today I spend 100$ and purchased the other 55 gallon tank. Mind you she gave it to me with a python, tons of ornaments, a fluval filter, all the test kit so I did good.

I'm telling you guys all this because I know you'll tell me before putting in fish you have to cycle your tank and blah blah blah so when I got the first tank it was already going with fish in it I brought the filter and inserts in water, then I brought all the water I could which was about 3/4 of the tank. also I kept some of the rocks they had and put my sand on top as to keep all the bacteria intact

RoxyDog

Tanks: salty nano cube, working on a fresh 125

Life is too short to wake up with regrets.  So love the people who treat you right.  Forget about the one's who don't.  Believe everything happens for a reason.  If you get a second chance, grab it with both hands.  If it changes your life, let it.  Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would be worth it.