New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

New to OVAS and just moved to Aylmer. Looking for advices

Started by ma_clement, July 18, 2012, 09:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ma_clement

Hi everyone

I just moved from Montreal to Aylmer and I'd like some advices on two subjects.

First, I'd like to know where are the good LFS for a reef junkie. I don't think there are any on this side of the river, but I spotted Aquavalley on my way to work on montreal road. Any other places?

Second, and most importantly, I need to move my 40 gallon reef (an osaka 155) from Montreal to Aylmer. Now this a source of stress, as you may imagine.

I have moved freshwater tanks before, but considering I had about 20 $ worth of fish in it, nothing fancy, I didn't mind as much. (All of them made it, by the way)

But I had only moved a few blocks away. Now, it's a three hours ride...

Anybody has done this before? Any advices?

One last thing, I know Ovas is out for the summer, but i'd be more than happy to meet other reef junkies in the region

Cheers

androo303

Quote from: ma_clement on July 18, 2012, 09:27:30 PM
I just moved from Montreal to Aylmer and I'd like some advices on two subjects.

Well, let me be the first to welcome you to the valley! Great place to be, mind you the drought is no fun.

Quote from: ma_clement on July 18, 2012, 09:27:30 PM
First, I'd like to know where are the good LFS for a reef junkie. I don't think there are any on this side of the river, but I spotted Aquavalley on my way to work on montreal road. Any other places?

A lot of our sponsors are the best places to hit up for salty equipmenta nd supplies, especially your fellow OVAS'ers on the Classifieds section. I do see a lot of people either giving stuff away for nothing or near nothing prices. I am no salty hobbyest, but I do enjoy looking at them! :)