New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Possible Sick Demasoni

Started by adam_ottawa, October 25, 2006, 09:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adam_ottawa

Like Damien29, this week I noticed a fish that seems to have some bloating right beneath the gills.  The fish's right cheek seems to be slightly swollen as well, but it's hard to tell.  The rest of his/her body seems to be alright, though.  His/her behaviour hasn't seemed to be affected.  I can't tell if s/he is eating any more or less.  I'll have to take a better look.

Here's a couple pics of the sick fish.  Could anyone shed some light?  I'm not sure if it's a pregnant fish, if it might be bloat or some other disease.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Damien29

Mine may have had a bacterial infection and by the time we noticed and he was quarantined I think it was too late.

it doesnt look like the fish is pregnant... its too far back for that. You could check for something lodged in this case.. if possible as well take the fish to a fish store ASAP if you cant figure it out. They most likely could offer you advice or have some techniques of there own to maybe diagnose the problem.

Does it seem to be getting better or worse?
70 - 2x Yellow Lab, 2x Synodontus
20 - 5x Neon Tetra's, 4x Fancy Guppies + fry

cory

Malawi bloat...try feeding ur demasoni spiralina on a reg basis. I could be wrong on the bloat but i lost about 3 when i had them due to the food. Once i switched the others had no problems.