New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

What a mix - Canon 300D & Tropheus Tank!

Started by 328iGuy, January 03, 2005, 11:42:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

328iGuy

Just picked up a new Canon 300D a few days ago and took some test shots of my Tropheus tank.  All I can say is WOW, what an upgrade from my Powershot S400  :D.

Just excuse the dirty glass and water marks! :)

tuvok

Quote from: "328iGuy"

Just excuse the dirty glass and water marks! :)

I'll let it slide this time.

Just kidding.

I actually did not notice any dirty glass or water marks.  I think they are very good pictures.

328iGuy

pegasus

Congratulation. The Canon Digital Rebel is a good choice. :)

328iGuy

Quote from: "pegasus"Congratulation. The Canon Digital Rebel is a good choice. :)

Thanks Michel.   had both the Rebel and the Nikon D70 for a couple of days and opted for the Rebel in the end.

NjOyRiD

370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

Stevie

WOW WOW WOW!  Great pictures!  I'm so jealous - that the camera I wanted for Christmas and didn't get  :(
Have fun with it!

328iGuy

Quote from: "Stevie"WOW WOW WOW!  Great pictures!  I'm so jealous - that the camera I wanted for Christmas and didn't get  :(
Have fun with it!

Me too....so the day after boxing day I went and bought it!  :lol:

NjOyRiD

Quote from: "Stevie"WOW WOW WOW!  Great pictures!  I'm so jealous - that the camera I wanted for Christmas and didn't get  :(
Have fun with it!

hey tu viens d'embrunnnn
370g System

220g tank, 65g Sump. octopus Cone skimmer xp-5000, vertex zf-30 nitrate reactor, RX6 DUO Ca reactor, Mp60w Ecotech pump, 2x 400w MH XM bulbs 15k. All controlled with DA RKE-net controller, Water Blaster HY-3000 return pump, Vertex Zf-15/Carbon, Vertex Zf-15/GFO

pegasus

Quotehad both the Rebel and the Nikon D70 for a couple of days and opted for the Rebel in the end.
We at the college had the same choice and went for 30 Nikon D70. Not that the Rebel was bad, just that the D70 would take much more abuses from our students and operates much more like an analogue camera, even if it's $300 more expensive.
I don't think you'll have to change camera for at least another 10 years. (Bill Gates said something like this before....) :D

328iGuy

Quote from: "pegasus"
Quotehad both the Rebel and the Nikon D70 for a couple of days and opted for the Rebel in the end.
We at the college had the same choice and went for 30 Nikon D70. Not that the Rebel was bad, just that the D70 would take much more abuses from our students and operates much more like an analogue camera, even if it's $300 more expensive.
I don't think you'll have to change camera for at least another 10 years. (Bill Gates said something like this before....) :D

Well I am sure you are right, but after taking them both for a test drive, I preferred the 300D overall.  Nikon is VERY nice however!

Now back to picture taking......  :twisted:

Julie

Crystal clear pics - really nice.  How many MegaPixels is your camera?

328iGuy

Quote from: "Julie"Crystal clear pics - really nice.  How many MegaPixels is your camera?

The Digital Rebel is 6.3 megapixels.

pegasus

Congratulation on your 4th place in the Quebec-ciclides photo contest.

Evan

Nice shots

How were you able to take each home for a couple days?  Where did you get it?

328iGuy

Quote from: "pegasus"Congratulation on your 4th place in the Quebec-ciclides photo contest.

What a scam, did you see the photos that won????  :shock:

FishPassion

wow very nice pictures gonna get a digital someday still stuck on 35mm old and decrepid just like me LOL
80 corner diamond
110 short
40 cube

pegasus

QuoteWhat a scam, did you see the photos that won????
I wouldn't say a scam but very unfair. The winner is usualy the one with the most friends and club members. If you want to send your images to a photo contest try http://www.cichlid-forum.com/photocontest .You'll find some of the finest pictures I've seen. You'll also see what camera these amateur photographers are using. There's no prizes and it runs bi-monthly.

328iGuy

Quote from: "FishPassion"wow very nice pictures gonna get a digital someday still stuck on 35mm old and decrepid just like me LOL

I have had digital for a long time, but just very happy I finally dropped the cash to go Digital SLR!  8)