New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Sunspot Brevis - Sahara Cichlid Sand

Started by 328iGuy, April 04, 2005, 11:21:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

328iGuy

I picked up 6 Neolamp. Brevis Sunspot from JEREMY on Friday, reaquascaped the tank and changed subtrate to Carib-Sea Sahara Sand.

Thanks a lot Jeremy!   8)

Here is a picture of one of the females.....

maitre007

the sahara sand may be expensive as hell  but it is well worth it.

328iGuy

Quote from: "maitre007"the sahara sand may be expensive as hell  but it is well worth it.

Yah it's the first time I have used it in any of my tanks and I find it works very well.....nice blend....

Evan

looks nice, I would like to see more, could you post a pic of the whole tank?

328iGuy

Quote from: "Evan"looks nice, I would like to see more, could you post a pic of the whole tank?

I will try and shoot some of the whole tnak tonight and post them!

JBL

Where did you get the sand? and how much was it?

328iGuy

Quote from: "JBL"Where did you get the sand? and how much was it?

Its from Big Al's and will run ya $29.99 for a 20lb bag...which is all I needed for that 20G tank!  8)

maitre007

Every 3-4 so months I do a partial change of my substrate and like to add those 20 lbs of sand.  As you take out just as much of the sand and the old stuff ... one of these days really like to add 4-5 of those bags in my 125 gallons.

As a lawyer I can help noticing that the copyright of the photo is that a famous former resident of Ottawa with a nondescriptive name.  I know that  the former kitchen manager at Lieutenants Pumps still kept in contact with Matthew Perry the actor.

JEREMY

Yes its a great sand, and it helps to buffer the water as well...

Andrew at Big Als (west) suggested it to me when i was first setting up my African Shellfish tanks... the little shellies just love to dig in it and move it around... i've even had Ocellatus take a running charge p into it, and completely dissapear when they feel threatened... very neat to see...

Jeremy...

328iGuy

Quote from: "maitre007"
As a lawyer I can help noticing that the copyright of the photo is that a famous former resident of Ottawa with a nondescriptive name.  I know that  the former kitchen manager at Lieutenants Pumps still kept in contact with Matthew Perry the actor.

It is a former Ottawa resident AKA Chandler from "Friends"  8) .  

Also my name as well, so I am entitled to use it  :lol: .

maitre007

On friday, I bougth a blue lobster at Big Al's and I haven't seen him since.  My friends the other day were speculating that he might have just as well dug himself in the sahara sand or have found a very good hiding place.

JBL

Let me know how you make out with the lobster - I just bought 3, maybe we can help each other in ensuring they don't die :)