New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Tropheus Moori Kasanga Pic!

Started by 328iGuy, October 09, 2005, 12:05:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

328iGuy

Quote from: "Sue"- note that the BA and superpet prices on tropheus are fairly normal  RETAIL tropheus prices.  Sometimes they are a bit cheaper, but it all depends how much the breeder/wholesaler is charging.

ps..mountie99 you still interested in that deal on the baby duboisi?

Sue

You have Tropheus for sale?  How many and how much?

Actually no the prices Big Al's are charging you can buy wild caught adults from CRLCA, its far above retail pricing.  I know other retailers selling Tropheus F1/G1 for $10-$15/fish.  They are trying to rob the public.

pegasus

Did I say Petmart?... sorry it was SuperPet who had duboisi at $39.99 while BA Kanata had them at $18. I guess the breeder/whosaler forced SupetPet to buy at gun point, or are we ask to pay for their new relocation?  :roll:

kennyman

"I know other retailers selling Tropheus F1/G1 for $10-$15/fish."

The only people I see selling quallity fish that cheep are the mailorder houses in TO. I bought my cichlids from Superpet Kanata at buy 2 get one free So I only paid about double what they are worth insted of triple. They were sold as f1 this spring. I noticed there are some fry back in that tank listed at 3 for $78 or something like that! Just about the right size for local breeders to have broght back in ;)  I would be suprised to see those fish being reordered from Czechoslovakia (where I was told they were special ordered from) If they were even f1 to start with.

I agree that we the public are getting riped, but I don't think the big All's are the ones doing the deed. I also recognise that local stores have costs to recoup for bringing these fish in and keeping them here. Id expect to see that reflected in the price. But $80 for three cichlid fry? c'mon wheres the sence in that?