New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Aquarists Across Canada group order?

Started by halcyondaysofillusion, September 27, 2022, 02:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

halcyondaysofillusion

Is anyone else interested in an Aquarists Across Canada order? I'm interested in getting some vampire crabs or some other semiaquatic crab from them, depending on what's in stock when I'm ready to order. They're almost completely out of stock in my target species now, but I figure by the time enough people for an economical group order from them find this topic, that might have changed.

Jody

Hi,

They have a couple of items that are out of stock that I am interested in if they come back in, but also a few in stock items.
  If we can get a couple of people to split the shipping, I am good to throw some stuff on an order.
Jody

halcyondaysofillusion

Exciting :D I hope to wait until they have more than one vampire crab, between the various species, in stock before ordering, so waiting for others to jump in is perfect for me.

Quote from: Jody on September 27, 2022, 09:00:00 PM
Hi,

They have a couple of items that are out of stock that I am interested in if they come back in, but also a few in stock items.
  If we can get a couple of people to split the shipping, I am good to throw some stuff on an order.
Jody

QueenAlice

Hey, I might be late to this party but I am looking to put an order in in later this month if they get the fish I am looking for back in stock. Let me know, I'd love to split the cost of shipping! As it stands my order is like $30 fish and $80 shipping lol.

Thanks,
Alice

Jody

Looks like there might be a nice potential order, if they get the fish we want back in stock..lol

Jody

QueenAlice

Quote from: Jody on October 04, 2022, 04:07:35 PMLooks like there might be a nice potential order, if they get the fish we want back in stock..lol

Jody

Awesome, I'll post here again once I get the notification that my fish are back in stock. When I spoke with AAC on my order they said they had another order coming mid-October, so hopefully the fish the others are looking for will also be back in stock *fingers crossed*

Cheers!
Alice

halcyondaysofillusion

Everything I want is now in stock, so if that's still true when Queen Alice's and Jody's wants are in, I'm set.

I've never done one of these before, so I don't know if there's a standard person to be the one who actually places the order or if there's some other procedure. My desires are
- Marble hatchetfish, Carnegiella strigata, x6
- Vampire crab, Geosesarma dennerle, x4

If someone other than me is placing the order, I'm happy to e-transfer my share to that person, unless there's some other OVAS procedure already established. Let me know how this works, Jody :)

In case it ends up mattering, I don't have a car and rely on OC Transpo for most of my movement around the city.

Jody

Hi,

Nice!
What I am waiting for is still out of stock unfortunately.

So, as far as ordering goes, there isn't a set procedure really. It is what ever the people ordering come up with.
What I normally do when I order is collect everyone's order, and send it off.
Once I get the confirmation with the price, I will figure out what everyone owes. Also, I will let people know the date and time the shipment will arrive.
Once the shipment arrives, I will arrange for pick ups/drop off. I will check all the bags prior to pick up, so that I can claim any losses to make sure I get credited for that.
Once the person pick up the fish, I will make sure I get the payment.

If it was someone I didn't know, I would probably ask for payment once I get the shipping confirmation.

Jody

QueenAlice

Hey all - I just checked the website and my loaches are still out of stock. Will check again next week *fingers crossed*
Alice

halcyondaysofillusion

Your procedure sounds solid and I readily accede to it. I look forward to when everyone else's livestock is in and we can proceed.

Even after fussing with the notification settings on here, comments on this thread don't seem to be generating Emails for me, so my awareness of what's going on in this thread happens when it occurs to me to refresh the tab I've been keeping open. Once we're talking time-sensitive things like money and pickup/dropoff, we should probably switch to Email. I have to assume I'm not the only person facing this challenge.

Quote from: Jody on October 09, 2022, 12:57:41 AMHi,

Nice!
What I am waiting for is still out of stock unfortunately.

So, as far as ordering goes, there isn't a set procedure really. It is what ever the people ordering come up with.
What I normally do when I order is collect everyone's order, and send it off.
Once I get the confirmation with the price, I will figure out what everyone owes. Also, I will let people know the date and time the shipment will arrive.
Once the shipment arrives, I will arrange for pick ups/drop off. I will check all the bags prior to pick up, so that I can claim any losses to make sure I get credited for that.
Once the person pick up the fish, I will make sure I get the payment.

If it was someone I didn't know, I would probably ask for payment once I get the shipping confirmation.

Jody

OVAS-Webmaster

Quote from: halcyondaysofillusion on October 09, 2022, 05:56:10 PMYour procedure sounds solid and I readily accede to it. I look forward to when everyone else's livestock is in and we can proceed.

Even after fussing with the notification settings on here, comments on this thread don't seem to be generating Emails for me, so my awareness of what's going on in this thread happens when it occurs to me to refresh the tab I've been keeping open. Once we're talking time-sensitive things like money and pickup/dropoff, we should probably switch to Email. I have to assume I'm not the only person facing this challenge.

Sorry about that.  It looks like the setting of Follow topics I create and reply to was not turned on as default so I enabled it now.

You can manually subscribe to this topic by clicking on the Receive Emails and Alerts button located under my reply, bottom right.

Don't forget that OVAS has a separate webpage as well.  http://ovas.ca/ovas/

Visit us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

OVAS on Instagram

Please familiarize yourself with the Forum Rules

halcyondaysofillusion

I got an Email notification about this last message, so the webmaster's effort seems to have resolved the issue. Thanks, webmaster! I am now extra excited to continue enjoying this forum now and look forward to when this order can proceed.

Jody

Yeah, once an order is set, I would make sure I have people's numbers so I can contact them easily.
Jody

halcyondaysofillusion

Checking in. It looks like my targets are still in stock; are things looking better for either of you?

QueenAlice

Hey, I've been checking their site regularly and sadly my fish are not back in stock yet. If I don't see them by the end of the month, I'll message the company to see what is going on *fingers crossed*
Alice

dumbhead#2

still doing group order? I am thinking to buy 80$ or more worth but only if it arrives on Nov 18 (before 5pm) or Nov 25th/26th.

QueenAlice

Hey, I believe we still are - a few of us are just waiting for our fish to be back in stock.

Sadly, mine are still out of stock. I reached out to AAC last week and they have not been able to get my loaches from their providers yet. I'll keep checking and let you all know when they are back in stock.

If you are all ready though, feel free to proceed without me. I'd hate to be the hold up for everyone.
Alice

dumbhead#2

I can wait. When you are ready just let me know. The only thing I ask is that the fish must arrive on a specific day when I am in Ottawa or my friend can help to deliver.

halcyondaysofillusion

Mine went out of stock for a while and are now back in stock. I don't know what to expect of future availability, so I am wary of waiting TOO long, but in principle I can be patient about this. Jody?

Jody

Mine are still out of stock.
But go for the order if you are ready. I am already spending too much money on fish this month anyways..lol

halcyondaysofillusion

As long as you're not too put out by having to wait longer :/ I am eager to get this moving, so moving ahead with the other person in here who is ready to proceed sounds good to me. My list from earlier for ease of reference:

- Marble hatchetfish, Carnegiella strigata x6
- Vampire crab, Geosesarma dennerle x4

Question: Is it okay if I pass you my share by cheque? I have WAY too many cheques and like the idea of using them instead of letting them languish in my file cabinet XD

Jody

Hi,

I am looking for pretty specific fish, so I have a feeling that the availability on them may be a long time away or potentially never.

Best thing to do, is just arrange with each other the order, and then one of you would have to place it. For payment by cheque you would have to speak to Aquarists Across Canada, but I doubt they would take it.

Hopefully it goes well! We expect pictures!

Jody

halcyondaysofillusion

@Dumbhead and @QueenAlice: I don't drive, so unless people are prepared to come to me to retrieve their orders, I am not the right person to receive this order. (If I was willing to shell out for a bunch of cab rides for this, I'd just pay the shipping on my order myself and cut out the middleman and probably save money overall.) What makes the most sense is someone who drives being the person who actually places the order, and then the rest of us sending money to that person for our portion of it. If one of you is able to be that person, let me know and we can move forward.

And I am hoping to pay my share to whoever places this order by cheque, with them paying Aquarists Across Canada however Aquarists Across Canada gets paid.

QueenAlice

Hi friends - please proceed without me for this round. When my loaches come in stock I'll just start a new post.

Good luck with the order and yes, please send pictures!

Cheers,
Alice