New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Order Nerites?

Started by HappyGuppy, January 26, 2011, 11:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HappyGuppy

Hey Big Als!  Love your stores BTW.  In another thread someone suggested asking a sponsor if you can order in something.  There are a few things I would love to order, if possible, but the thing I am currently interested in are Nerite snails.  Over the past couple of years I've sporadically asked but they were usually "out of stock".  I am curious if it is possible to order some, and how much it would be.  I am not in an immediate rush for them, but if you had them now I'd buy them.  I am thinking of buying 6.  Interested in all zebra or ruby, but open to other kinds too.  Please let me know what the process would be to get some... or should I simply wait until they magically appear in the store someday?

FWIW, I am told that La Niche have them usually.  However I'd rather deal with the local BA in Kanata.

Secondary question, since we are on the subject.  There are some things in the USA that I'd love to get.  Are you able to act as an importer?  My two most wanted items are blue ramshorn snails, and yellow shrimp (same as cherries, but yellow).  I found a guy in Toronto selling the yellow shrimp, but would prefer to deal with BA if available.

robt18

Your best bet it to contact the west end store. Each store does their own orders, and its mainly east end staff who shows up on the OVAS site here. Ask for Andrew or Greg! The number is 613-592-2822.

Rob