New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

2nd Discus Meeting?

Started by 2075turner, November 18, 2010, 10:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2075turner

Hello all

I was thinking of getting together for another discus meeting.  I was quite happy with the turn out for the first one.  Just checking to see if there is any interest for a second?  If so, when is good for you?  Beginning of December or January?  You can either reply here or pm me.  I can also be reached via email at .

What items would you like to talk about? 

I hope that those that are new or thinking about getting into discus will attend.  It's always great to see new people in the world of discus keeping!  Don't be shy, there's always something to learn and lots of fish at my place to see :o  I am a discus addict afterall ::)

Cheers, Evelyn

wandmangels

Thank you Evelyn

I would LOVE to come out and learn more about discus

January would be best for me as December is a crazy busy month for me

White Lightning

I would come to a meeting as well. Would love to discus discus and get a chance to see all of your beauties again Evelyn. January works best for me as well.

2075turner

Great guys.  I was thinking January as well but I wasn't sure what would work best. 

The topics I was thinking of covering were

Basic set up and maintance of discus.  Tank mates.  What signs to watch out for when dealing with sick fish, preventative treatments.  A basic get to know your discus kind of idea.

White Lightning

I like it. One thing I have a hard time is with growth. In the six months that I have had mine, they have not shown any signs of growth whatsoever. I feed them like crazy and as a result am forever doing water changes.

2075turner

I will do a discussion on raising juvies as well.

Chinaman

Always interested......count me in.

Regards,

Sam

btw the "boys" that I got from you are eating well AND growing well.
Good stock.

2075turner

Quote from: Chinaman on November 20, 2010, 01:50:05 PM
Always interested......count me in.

Regards,

Sam

btw the "boys" that I got from you are eating well AND growing well.
Good stock.

So Sam I hope you can stay for the whole thing this time ;)  I am glad "the boys" are doing well for you.

2075turner

So next step.  What works better Jan 8 or Jan 22

RebeccaB

Sounds like fun.  I will try my best to come, but since I'll be a new mum then I may not be dictating my own schedule! Likely the 22nd would work better for me.

Thanks for offering to have us over again!
Slowly venturing down the Amano path...

2075turner

Quote from: RebeccaB on November 20, 2010, 08:26:19 PM
Sounds like fun.  I will try my best to come, but since I'll be a new mum then I may not be dictating my own schedule! Likely the 22nd would work better for me.

Thanks for offering to have us over again!

Well Rebecca we do have to start them on fish caretaking early ;D  Babies are more than welcome to come (I have a big 6'4 one here, lol)  They should get along well. :)

Fishnut

LOL...I was skimming the messages and got super excited when I read the words "new mum" in your post Rebecca!  That's what I get for skimming! ;D

Yes, another discus meeting would be great.  I'm game for either date as long as I have about a week's notice.  I'm also not particular about the topic.  Discus and I have a "been there, done that, will do it again when time permits" kind of relationship.

Cheers

Chinaman

Evelyn,

Either 08 Jan or 22 Jan would work for me for now.....

Cheers,

Sam

fishycanuck

Either 8 or 22 - you decide!

Stussi613

I'll be there as well Evelyn, provided I'm in town.

I should also be coming to see you in the next week to pick up the fishies you've been holding for me...planning on having water in the new tank by Wednesday!
I haz reef tanks.

2075turner

8)

Great to hear guys.  I am thinking January 22nd should be good.  I will make the start time at 2 pm for those that want to check out the fishroom first, discussion will start at 3pm.  Not sure how long it will be at this point. 

Once again, you don't have to have discus to attend.  Anyone that has interest in them or want to learn more about them and for those who want to see some different strains that I have here are more than welcome to come.

Jay

Hopefully I'll be able to make this one too. 

2075turner

Quote from: Jay on November 26, 2010, 10:59:35 AM
Hopefully I'll be able to make this one too. 

Hey Jay,

You still alive.  I haven't heard anything from you for a while :)

Will be happy if you do make it and of course the girlfriend will be dragged along as well?

2075turner

Quote from: 2075turner on November 22, 2010, 12:10:12 PM
8)

Great to hear guys.  I am thinking January 22nd should be good.  I will make the start time at 2 pm for those that want to check out the fishroom first, discussion will start at 3pm.  Not sure how long it will be at this point. 

Once again, you don't have to have discus to attend.  Anyone that has interest in them or want to learn more about them and for those who want to see some different strains that I have here are more than welcome to come.

Hey guys.

Turns out I will be down in the states that weekend, so I will have to change it to the weekend before.  January 15th starting at 2pm viewing.....hope this works for everyone. :)

White Lightning

I will be in the Mayan Riviera enjoying some sun and a few drinks. Okay...who am I kidding? A lot of drinks.

Chinaman

Hi Evelyn,

15 Jan looks ok for now.....hope no last minute commitment
pops up.  Will pencil it in on my calendar.

Regards,

Sam

2075turner

So I am just wondering if the 22nd is better for everyone?  Or is the 15th okay?  Let me know :)  I can change my plans

2075turner

Hey Guys

Do to an unexpected delay in house renovations I will have to bump the meeting back a month to February 12th starting at 2pm with the general meet & greet and viewing of the fishies I have, discussion will start around 3 or shortly after that.  Sorry for the inconvenience this may cause but my house is extremely disorganized with the kitchen reno's and fishroom switching around I have been doing.

Hope you all can make it for the new date otherwise next date would be the 29th that I can host.

Thanks, Evelyn

fishycanuck

Hey, we're cool with that - it will be fun to see your new reno!