New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Fall 2011 Discus Meeting

Started by 2075turner, September 20, 2011, 04:58:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2075turner

Well it's that time of year again when I have a fall meeting.  I try to schedule 2 of these a year....spring will be the next one. ;)

Anyways, I have picked October 22nd starting at 2pm.  It is open to anyone that has interest in learning or sharing their experiences with discus.  You don't have to own any, just the interest in them.  So feel free to pm me or post here if you plan on attending.  I have some people that are coming from Toronto and Montreal area, so I am hoping that OVAS members will be attending as well. 

October 22nd at 2pm

1 Brydon Court
Nepean, On

Thanks, Evelyn

Chinaman

Hi Evelyn,

As I indicated in the garage sale ..... I would be there pending
any unforeseen impediments..

Regards,

Sam

2075turner

It would be great to have you here Sam.  I will touch base once the time gets near ;)

wandmangels

fischkopp

I am pretty sure we will drop by as well. ;)
be aware of the green side
my fish suck
L007 ♦ L014 ♦ L034 ♦ L046 ♦ L106 ♦ L128 ♦ L134 ♦ L136B ♦ L183 ♦ L191 ♦ L200 ♦ L340 ♦ LDA031

2075turner

Awesome ;D

I have some people coming from out of town so it looks to be a good group forming.  I am trying to confirm a guest speaker ;)  We shall see.  I would be stoked if it all works out.   :)

Shawn84

A bunch a fishes.....
A bunch a tanks...........

Fishnut

I'm in...as always :)  Just put a chair in front of your wilds for me, occasionally walk past and remind me to wipe the drool off my mouth  ;D

2075turner

Quote from: Fishnut on September 27, 2011, 10:36:39 PM
I'm in...as always :)  Just put a chair in front of your wilds for me, occasionally walk past and remind me to wipe the drool off my mouth  ;D

You will have front and centre seats as some are now in the dining room ;)

2075turner

so just a reminder about the the meeting next weekend....

Saturday 22nd

Hope you can make it..... ;D

charlie

If all goes well i should be there, need to see this tank waiting to become a water garden ;)
Errol

2075turner

Quote from: charlie on October 16, 2011, 01:26:18 PM
If all goes well i should be there, need to see this tank waiting to become a water garden ;)
Errol

So you will be my "Ken", lol ;D

2075turner

So here's a post that I made on another forum regarding the meeting...

"For Joe, I have about 20 people confirmed that they are coming, another 20 on the fence, so i will say there should be around 30 here. My last meeting was about 30 so I am hoping for the same number or more. I have some new and some not so new to the hobby coming and that's what I like....a chance to share and learn.

I have it planned that people start showing up around 2 pm and a general presentation starting at 3pm. We usually end up all though the house as I have a few tanks here and there. At the moment I just cleared my latest shipment through QT and we will have quite a few fish to look at say about 400 fish of various sizes.

I will provide platters for people to snack on and a diner if people want to hang around a enjoy a meal and some good conversation....discus of course will be there I'm sure, lol, Not sure what yet maybe a BBQ? possibly a lasanzia...depends on the weather. I am open to holding an auction if there is enough people. If you guys are coming from GTA, maybe you can give me a list if you guys are bringing something to auction and I will let people know to expect that there will be items to auction and to prepare some tanks. I will make a posting on the local aquarium forum as well.

I just want to have some fun and enjoy some good conversations....and of course meet some people that have the same passion for these beautiful fish that we are all obsessed with, lol.

Hope some more people from SD can make it

Cheers, Evelyn"

So if you have some items that you would like to bring to sell, bring them.  I will post on the other forums that have the postings up.

If people want to bring anything for the food table, make a posting as well and I will relay the info. as well.

old man

I just wanted to tell you that I will be there.

Thanks.
Pierre

wandmangels

2075turner

Great,

So far as food the following items have been offered for the food table...

bottle of wine
diner rolls

I usually have a veggie platter and a cheese/cracker platter available, some chips & pop too, but no diet stuff.  I will also have something for diner....more than likely a lazy lazania.  So if you plan on bringing something just add to the list.  I do have a couple of others that are planning on bringing something, they just don't know what yet, lol 

touchofsky

Hi all,
I am bringing brownies and chocolate chip cookies.

See you tomorrow!

2075turner

Thanks to all that came.  I had a good time ;)

Recovered now and looking forward to the next meeting already ;)

8)