New meeting location for the 2023/2024 Season will be at J.A. Dulude arena.  Meetings start at 7 pm.

Anemone

Started by Maxthecat, September 04, 2010, 08:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxthecat

Hey, I bought a white purple tip anemone a couple of months back. Once it setteled down, I fed it, so it growed to about three times' big. But it has lost all of it's bubbles and has long thin tentacles now. On top of that, it's pretty much brown\green now, no longer white. Now I know that the brown is a good thing, but still, i prefered it white. Or is it just me and the nem is going down on me. So if someone wants it for FREE, or want to trade, that would get it off my hands and probleme solved.

Darth

white is not good for a nem, brown is good, never seen a white purple tip bubble nem

Maxthecat

no one wants it? even for free?

holachicka

Darth

what is your lighting on the tank max?

Maxthecat

Darth

that could be part of the prob I wouldn't keep a nem with anything metal hallide

Darth

check your pm's I got some nice candy cane frag I would trade, let me know I will send you pics

Vincenzo.

29g and 4x24w t5 is fine. u dont have to have mh for a nem. pc would do the job. might be stress.

Maxthecat

Quote from: Vince. on September 06, 2010, 08:04:09 AM
29g and 4x24w t5 is fine. u dont have to have mh for a nem. pc would do the job. might be stress.

yeah that's pretty much what I think to. I just don't want a chem warfare in my tank. And the fact that it lost its bubbles is warning enough.

RossW

BTA's losing their bubbles is normal.  In fact, more often than not they lose their bubbles.

az

well if your bulbs are too old its not bright anymore so the anemone is streching for light.
AQUA VALLEY    
1158 Ogilvie Road, Ottawa

2016 Hours
Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri >> 12-7pm
Sat, Sun >> 11-5pm
Mon >> CLOSED
Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532  
www.aquavalley.ca

Ottawa's BIGGEST SALTWATER Selection

Tel: 613 695 6961 Fax: 613 695 6532     www.aquavalley.ca